1. Some patients have obvious back or neck pain and their first thought is "Go to the chiropractor. He's a back doctor." While it's true we use the spine for our work, we are not "back" doctors. It just so happens that the nerve system goes through the spine. Using the "back doctor" reasoning, if the nerve system traveled down your arm, would we be called "arm doctors"?
2. Others have heard that we treat headaches,
ulcers, asthma, bed wetting, colic, high blood pressure, etc. While thousands of patients totally recover from these conditions through chiropractic care every year, this is not the purpose of what we do.
3. Still others come because they don't like drugs or
surgery and want to practice "natural health care" when "treating" their problems. This is great but in truth, chiropractic is even more than that.
4. Many people go regularly for maintenance and prevention. They might have originally came in because they had one or more of the above problems and chiropractic care resolved it. They begin to realize that if chiropractic care could get them better, it can also keep them better. They understand how the nerve system works and want their body as healthy as possible. They also realize that it's a whole lot easier to stay healthy than to get healthy.
5. But the most important reason you should get checked regularly is this: If you have nerve interference, you're better off without nerve interference. It's that simple and it really doesn't matter what the state of your health is.
Without nerve interference, your body functions better. You are naturally healthier, your human potential as a worker, athlete, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, etc. is higher because your body is working at its full potential. And isn't that how you want to go through life?
So just remember, whichever level of care you decide is best for you, if you have nerve interference, you're better off without nerve interference. And thanks for telling others about chiropractic!