CHICAGO, November 15, 2012 - Today, more than 200 employees at O'Hare International Airport attended the Chicago Department of Aviation's (CDA) 3rd Annual Safety, Health & Wellness Expo.
The event was held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the O'Hare Skilled Trades Building (AMB). More than 25 exhibitors participated in the free expo.
The expo featured health screenings, flu shots, a workout pavilion, safety and health exhibits, healthy cooking demos, green living ideas, financial health information and exhibits by the USDA Wildlife Services.
"Mayor Rahm Emanuel recently introduced a new initiative called 'Chicago Lives Healthy' to provide top level wellness services to City employees," said CDA Commissioner Rosemarie S. Andolino. "The CDA continues to do its part to motivate our employees to maintain and improve good physical health."
Clinical staff from Walgreens and the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) offered free cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure checks, and flu shots. The CDA also provided pamphlets with information on health, nutrition and fitness websites and smartphone apps.
The 3rd Annual Employee Safety, Health and Wellness Expo at Midway International Airport will take place on
November 28 at the Airport Maintenance Complex (AMC).
The Safety, Health and Wellness Expo exhibitors and sponsors at O'Hare included:
- American Red Cross
- LA Fitness
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- CDA Marketing/Sustainablility
- Chicago Department of Human Resources - EAP
- Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union (CMECU)
- Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Chicago Police Department
- Costco Wholesale
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Tuscany Restaurants featuring Chef Joe
- Illinois Secretary of State
- Jamba Juice
- Office of the City Treasurer
- Public Safety Solutions (PSI)
- Sweet Beginnings, LLC
- USDA Wildlife Services