Airports Going Green Award Recipients Announced
CHICAGO, October 26, 2012 -- The Chicago Department of Aviation is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2012 Airports Going Green (AGG) award. This prestigious award recognizes the value of each project, as well as the project sponsors' outstanding leadership in pursuit of sustainability within the aviation industry. Made from reclaimed wood, these beautiful awards will be presented by Commissioner Andolino at the 5th Annual Airports Going Green Conference in Chicago, during the luncheon on Tuesday, November 6th.
2012 Airports Going Green Award Recipients:
- Waste Management and Recycling Program at Abu Dhabi Airports Company
- Ongoing Sustainability Efforts of FedEx Corporation
- HMSHost's StartsomewhereŽ Program
- LEEDŽ Platinum Headquarters at the Port of Portland
- Employee Wellness Program at San Francisco International Airport
- Energy Management Program at Toronto Pearson International Airport
2012 Honorable Mentions:
- Recycling Center and Composting Program at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Ongoing Sustainability Efforts of Virgin America
- American Airlines' Living Green Employee Resource Group
The 5th Annual Airports Going Green Conference will be held November 4-7, 2012 at the Westin River North Hotel, Chicago, Illinois.
Register today at www.airportsgoinggreen.org and check back often for updates!
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities Available
Demonstrate your company's commitment to the aviation industry by becoming an event sponsor! By doing so, you will showcase your company's dedication to promoting environmental excellence through education. For sponsorship availability, contact Gwen Papineau Basaria, AAAE at (703) 824-0500, ext. 187, or email Gwen.Basaria@aaae.org.
Airports Going Green is the aviation industry's leading sustainability forum, and will offer the opportunity to hear about sustainability case studies, innovations, and achievements. We'll hear from exceptional keynotes and aviation industry leaders on how a commitment to sustainability practices drives decision making, influences the marketplace, and saves money and resources.