Earn Continuing Education Credits for Attending 2012 Airports Going Green Conference
CHICAGO, October 12, 2012 - The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) is pleased to announce that for a second year in a row conference attendees can earn continuing education credits essential to maintaining their professional accreditations at this year's 2012 Airports Going Green conference in Chicago.
The Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) has approved a total of seven GBCI continuing education credit hours under the professional development/continuing education category for US Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED accredited professionals.
Additionally, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will offer a total of seven continuing education credits under the Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) and Sustainable Design (SD) categories.
The 5th Annual Airports Going Green Conference will be held in Chicago November 4-7, 2012. Register and see the latest agenda of speakers at www.airportsgoinggreen.org
The following Airports Going Green sessions have been approved by the GBCI and the AIA for continuing education credits:
- Closing the Loop: Toward a Net Zero Airport (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
- Take a Bite Out of Green Concessions (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
- Linking Building Design and Human Health (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
- New Approaches to Airport Sustainability Planning (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? Connecting Airports and Communities (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
- Using Technology to Advance Sustainability (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
- Making It Happen: Implementing Innovative Energy Program (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU)
Airports Going Green attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion for each session attended. Representatives of the USGBC Illinois Chapter will be on hand to answer questions and provide additional information on USGBC's LEED accreditation and credential maintenance requirements. Credential maintenance is the continuing education completed by LEED Green Associates and LEED Accredited Professionals (APs) to maintain current knowledge of green building practices and LEED, and:
- Grow their knowledge base;
- Stay current with best practices; and
- Show clients and employers that their expertise is meaningful in a rapidly transforming marketplace.
The Airports Going Green Conference is hosted by the CDA and American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE). The conference is the aviation industry's leading sustainability forum, attracting sustainability leaders and innovators together from all over the U.S. and around the world.
For registration and sponsorship information, contact Gwen Papineau Basaria, AAAE at (703) 824-0500, ext. 187, or email Gwen.Basaria@aaae.org.