Successfully Win Government Business
Attend the free Government Contracting Class on Thursday, June 13
The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center along with the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center will be hosting a free seminar on government procurement. Federal, state, and local governments spend billions of dollars each year buying products and services. Many government agencies require that a portion of their contracts be set aside for small businesses. Many small businesses, however, find it difficult to successfully win this business. This class will help you understand the procurement process so that you may market your business more successfully to this large potential customer.
DATE: Thursday, June 13
TIME: 9 - 11:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Georgia Power Auditorium
800 Broad St, Rome
Federal Health Care Workshop on June 20
The Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce is offering a workshop about the requirements and regulations that will impact your business on the new federal health care law known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Is your business ready for the big changes coming in 2014 under the new federal health care law? Do you know how it will affect your health insurance, your employees, and your bottom line? Don't miss this opportunity to learn everything your business needs to know about the new law. With most major provisions going into effect in January, now is the time to make sure you are prepared for the new regulations and requirements and understand what your company's options might be.
DATE: Thursday, June 20
TIME: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
COST: $25 for Chamber Members, $50 for Non-Members
LOCATION: Dalton Golf & Country Club
Early Stage Entrepreneurs & Investors Meetup
Event seeks to match entrepreneurs with investors
Each quarter, StartupLounge.com hosts an private networking event for early-stage entrepreneurs and investors here in the Southeast. Formerly called "CapitalLounge", the newly renamed "StartupLounge Atlanta" is attended by fast-growth entrepreneurs based in the Southeast U.S., as well as venture capital and angel investors from around the country. You can view photos of past events here.
The format is simple: cash bar, free gourmet food spread, lots of networking, several hundred vetted attendees, and no fees at the door.
The next event is scheduled for June 20 in Atlanta.
Who may attend?
- An early-stage (fast growth) entrepreneur located within the Southeastern United States who is swinging for the fences. Bootstrappers and holders of idea-napkins are welcome to apply as well!
- A later-stage entrepreneur seeking expansion capital or new network contacts (again, must be based in the S.E.)
- An accredited venture capitalist
- An accredited angel investor (as defined by the SEC: someone who earns over $200,000 a year for three years or for two years if they have a reasonable expectation of earning more than $200,000 in the current year or someone who has net worth in excess of $1 million.)
- An observer (e.g. media, professor, etc.)
- Some combination of the above (e.g. a successful entrepreneur looking to make an angel investment)
SizeUp Your Business
Market research and analysis is critical for the success of any entrepreneur or small business owner. SizeUp delivers market data directly to business owners to help them make market and data-driven decisions. Go to Sizeup today and start using this powerful tool at no cost.