Precision Products Expands Machining Capacity
Precision Products, a locally owned ISO:9001 company specializing in sales, service and repair of equipment for the automotive, power generation, food, beverage, medical, aerospace and textile industries has announced an expansion of their CNC machining operations with the installation of two new Mazak CNC machining centers. The new generation 5-axis machining centers are the first of their type to be installed in the USA. 5-Axis machining offers all the functionality of a traditional CNC vertical mill along with a CNC turning center built into one highly accurate machine.
Community Explores Business Incubator Concept
Incubator could help start-up firms survive their infancy
From The Daily Citizen, January 11:
|Erin Rosintoski goes over the data in the incubator study.|
Entrepreneurs and business innovation built Dalton, and it remains a hotbed of entrepreneurial activity, according to Georgia Tech researchers.
But on Thursday those researchers conditionally recommended that Dalton create a business incubator, a program or facility that provides services to start-up businesses.
Researchers from Tech's Enterprise Innovation Institute have spent several months studying Dalton's economy and talking to entrepreneurs, businesses and political leaders and Dalton State College students.
Innovation Management Workshop Scheduled for March
Improve your innovation strategy to increase your competitiveness
Innovation is defined as commercializing a meaningfully unique idea that a customer will pay for. However, only 10% of companies choose to compete on innovation strategy. These same companies have a return on sales that is twice as high as those that compete primarily on low cost, quality or delivery metrics. Learn to develop new processes, services, or products that will contribute significantly to your profitability. Over the next 20 years, innovation management will be a key business growth strategy.
Through this five hour workshop you will:
- Discover why Innovation Management is a "must-have" for business growth
- Understand the types of innovation and why they are important
- Be able to identify the warning signs that innovation is not driving your strategy
- Learn to implement tools to create innovative ideas
- Participate in exercises to begin your journey
- Gain tips on implementing a sustainable innovation management system in your organization
Who Should Attend?
- Key Decision Makers, CEO's, Senior Leadership, Business Development Leaders, Plant Managers, EDO leadership
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- COST: $25 (lunch included)
- WHERE: Dalton Utilities auditorium
- SPONSORS: One Georgia Authority, Dalton Utilities, Dalton-Whitfield County Joint Development Authority
- ORGANIZER: Georgia Tech Georgia's Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Contact David Apple with any questions at email@example.com
Congratulations Brian Anderson
Named one of Most Influential Georgians
Brian was chosen by Georgia Trend Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential Georgians."
Look for the article is this month's Georgia Trend Magazine. You can also read the article online by clicking here.
Carbondale Business Park Sign Installed
Visible from US 41 Entrance
The entrance sign for Carbondale Business Park was recently completed at the US 41/South Dixie Highway entrance.