Lindy Fowler, LWHRA Board Director
13 Volunteer Recognition Event Recap
I would like to thank all the LWHRA Volunteers that attended the 2013 Volunteer Recognition Event, sponsored by O.C. Tanner, on September 19, 2013. Seventy of our hard working volunteers gathered at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland to celebrate their collective efforts and great work. A wonderful time was had by all.
During the program, nominees for the LWHRA Volunteer of the Year were introduced and Karren Eckwortzel was awarded the 2013 Volunteer of the Year for her work with the Mentorship Committee.
The evening ended with a drawing for many amazing door prizes. Organizations that donated items for the drawing are:
- The Four Season's Hotel, Seattle: An overnight and breakfast
- Regence: A Kindle Fire HD Dolby 32GB
- Washington Employers: $150 Nordstrom gift card
- TRUEbenefits: $150 Visa Card
- Alliance 20/20: Art glass bowl, by glass artist David Smith
- Parker Smith and Feek: $100 Best Buy gift card
- Virginia Mason Medical Centers: Fit Bit
- Redhook Brewer: $50 gift card for Forecasters Pub
- Edward Jones: Golf Umbrella and Financial Planning Kit
- Seattle Aquarium: 4 adult passes
- Woodland Park Zoo: 4 adult passes
- St Michelle Wine Cellars: 6 bottles of Northwest wine
- Oberto: A gift basket of Oberto products
Our event sponsor, O.C. Tanner, not only supplied gifts of appreciation for each attendee, but donated the LWHRA Volunteer of the Year Award trophy.
With over 1400 members, our Platinum Level chapter is dependent on its volunteers to accomplish the chapter's goals and meet its objectives. Without our volunteers, what we do would not be possible.