Happy New Year LWHRA
I am so looking forward to 2013 and what it will bring. I feel honored to represent your organization and will endeavor to exceed your expectations as your President. For those of you that are new to LWHRA, and for those that may have forgotten, our Chapter's mission is "to be a premier resource for our members while advancing the profession." As we strive to meet this mission, we are guided by these principles:
- We are welcoming and inclusive.
- We are responsive to the needs of our members.
- We encourage diverse HR professional development.
- We are committed to innovation and professional excellence.
- We are proactive in our community.
2013 is a transitional year of sorts as your Board attempts to be more strategic. We have limited the number of Officers (5) and At-Large Directors (5) and will be relying on, and transitioning to, a number of Committee Chairs to carry-out the Board's work. So, what have we been working on? Recently, we met for a half-day planning session and came up with the following strategic planks for 2013:
- Engage Membership: Continue to offer outstanding programming, networking and educational events that will excite and intrigue HR professionals at all levels.
- Improve Visibility: The business community should know who we are and who to turn to when HR issues arise. Continue to be the leading HR association in Washington State.
- Recruit & Retain Members: LWHRA consists of over 1,300 members. If we aren't growing, we're dying. We need new members to learn from and to help foster organizational diversity.
- Leverage Resources: We are one of the 20 largest SHRM chapters in the country and many of our members represent some of the largest firms in the Puget Sound area. We can improve our member experience by taking advantage of the opportunities that lie within us.
- Strengthen Communications: Simplify our messaging, make it easier for members to find what they need and be more transparent.
Speaking of communications, you'll note a new format for our email communications. In most cases, it will be short and to the point, with links to other places to find the information you're looking for.
You'll be hearing much more about these initiatives throughout the year and would welcome your thoughts and comments. Feel free to email me at email@example.com
or call me directly at 206.267.4004.
I am looking forward to a successful 2013! I hope you are too.
This newsletter sponsored in part by: