It's Time for the NCSM 2015 Fall Seminars
The 2015 Fall Seminars will present the theme: IT'S TIME: Using Imperatives to Support and Motivate Leaders in Mathematics Education: Shifting Beliefs and Mindsets.
"For leaders in mathematics education, understanding the role that beliefs play in the work of teachers is crucial to providing targeted guidance and support for teachers of mathematics...A teacher's mindset can influence his or her approach to teaching mathematics...Like nurturing a guiding vision, leaders and teams of leaders must attend to shifting beliefs and mindsets of those who impact school mathematics programs" (It's TIME, pp. 12-14).
During the one-day seminar, participants will
- Address the beliefs and mindsets that guide actions and determine willingness to change.
- Learn, explore, and discuss teacher and student mindsets related to learning mathematics.
- Think about and discuss the following questions:
- Do we address the teaching and learning of mathematics with a fixed mindset or a growth mindset?
- How does this impact our actions as leaders of mathematics?
The NCSM Fall Seminars are held on the Wednesday prior to the NCTM Regionals from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Join us for a value-packed day at three different locations and dates:
October 21, 2015 - Atlantic City, NJ (Resorts Casino Hotel)
November 11, 2015 - Minneapolis, MN (Hyatt Regency Minneapolis)
November 18, 2015 - Nashville, TN (Renaissance Hotels Nashville).
Please join John Staley, NCSM President, Pat Baltzley and Lisa Scott, NCSM Summer Academy & Fall Seminar Directors, along with other leaders in mathematics education at these one-day seminars! Register now.