What's Happening in Boise School District
November 1: At 6:00 p.m., the Board of Trustees of the Boise School District will meet for a Special Board Meeting at the District Services Center, 8169 W. Victory Rd., Boise. The Board will receive information on the final District Facilities Master Plan and an Administration Bond Recommendation. Click here to review the meeting agenda. Members of the public are invited to attend.
November 2: No kindergarten classes - Parent Conferences.
November 2: Idaho PTA Advocacy Day, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., West Ada Training Center, E. Central, Meridian, ID, 83642. This event is open to the public but is of specific interest to parents, students, educators and administrators in local school districts. Click here to learn more.
November 3: No K-6 elementary classes - Parent Conferences:
- Elementary evening conferences will be held Wednesday, Nov. 2 and Thursday, Nov. 3
- Secondary evening conferences will be held during the week of Oct. 31 - Nov. 3
November 4: No school for K-12 students in Boise School District.
November 14: Boise School Board meeting, 6:00 p.m. , Boise School District Services Center, 8169 W. Victory Rd. Boise. Some of the agenda items include: presentation of Red Apple Award to Brett Dewey, Special Education Teacher, Owyhee Elementary School; Golden Apple Award to Kathy Kite, Account Technician, District Services Center. Monthly consent agenda items will be reviewed and considered for approval and Committee reports will be presented and the Board will also consider for second reading Policy 3313P - Security Imaging System Procedures. Public is invited to attend.
November 21-25: Thanksgiving holiday break - No school K-12.
High School Music Programs Selected For All State Performance:
The following Boise School District high schools have been selected to perform at the Idaho Music Educators Association
annual inservice to be held November 17-19 on the campus of Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa, ID:
- Boise High School Belles Voix (women's choir) - Directed by David Burton, Friday, Nov. 18, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Boise High School Chamber Orchestra - Directed by Laurel Talley, Friday, Nov. 18, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Capital High School Chamber Orchestra - Directed by Sandy Shoen, Saturday, Nov. 19, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Timberline High School Chamber Orchestra - Directed by Phyllis Saunders, Thursday, Nov. 17, 12:50-1:50 p.m.
Boise Educator Receives State Award: Riverside Teacher John Bale is the recipient of the Idaho Elementary School PE Teacher of the Year Award. Mr. Bale received the award during the October teacher workshop days held at the State PE inservice in Meridian.
Calling All Community Education Instructors: Do you have a skill, talent, hobby or interest you would like to share with the community? Community Education wants YOU! We are always searching for new instructors to join our wonderful team of volunteers. Community Education is recruiting for our upcoming Winter session of classes. If you are interested in teaching Community Education classes, please access the documents below to submit your application and proposal:
Why become a volunteer instructor?
- To have FUN!To enhance personal well being - volunteers live longer, healthier lives
- To build networks for personal and professional growth
- To share talents, skills, and expertise
- To inspire lifelong learning in others
- To create a more productive and enriched community
How to apply:
If you are interested in teaching Community Education classes, please access the documents below to submit your application and proposal:
Our Students Need You! Boise School District is in need of substitutes!
Why sub with us?
- Make a difference. Positively influence the lives of today's youth.
- Flexible schedule. As an on-call substitute, you can choose which assignments you accept.
- Good pay for a day's work. Sub pay has been increased this school year!
- Generate extra income. Great for retirees or anyone in need of extra cash!
- Experience and exposure. Subbing can serve as a stepping stone to a permanent position with greater job security and benefits.
- Receive free District-sponsored training.
- It's Easy! Complete a simple, online application.
to get started!
Now Hiring: School Bus Drivers: FIRST Student, Boise School District's school bus provider, is currently hiring school bus drivers. Click here to learn more.
Data Points - What To Make Of Education Polling Results: In his latest Data Points blog post, Boise School District Superintendent Dr. Don Coberly takes a closer look at a number of education polls taken this year, including a "customer satisfaction" survey that Boise District conducted with Patinkin and Associates Data Points is dedicated to providing student achievement and education trend analysis and is intended for parents and patrons interested in an objective, data-driven look at student performance in Boise and across Idaho. Read Dr. Coberly's blog post here.
Parents - Sign-Up for Emergency Text Messaging:
The Boise School District offers emergency text messaging for parents/guardians. Click here
to learn more and sign-up.
Mobile App Available: Boise School District has a mobile app to improve communication to you. The app is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Note: Should you no longer wish to receive Constant Contact emails from the District, you may click on the SafeUnsubscribe link located at the bottom of this email.
Public Affairs Administrator
Boise School District
Boise School District | 8169 W. Victory Rd., Boise, Idaho 83709 | 208.854.4000 ww.boiseschools.org