End of Summer Letter From Joyce
This newsletter arrives as folks have enjoyed the most beautiful and final days of summer. I haven't spent much time at the ocean this year, but I am hoping you had enough time to catch a wave, walk on the beach and have some down time.
For many of you, getting kids ready for back -to -school, getting yourself ready for back- to -work, and getting organized and structured after a loose summer is what this week is all about.
Don't hesitate to call Pavao Consulting and Coaching and/or PACT (pre/post adoption consulting and training) to give yourself a boost, and to get your innerself ready for the year to come.
- Coaching for parents, young adults, adolescents, professionals.
- Marriage and Family Consultation and Coaching
- Complex Blended Family Consultation and Coaching
- Consultations can be Live (preferred), by phone, or Skype
- Supervision for adoption specialists in many fields, and
- Approved Supervisor-Available for Professional Coaching and Supervision of Adoption and Complex Families
- Trainings are being developed to help to give you to tools you need to better serve our population and/or your family
We are still looking for a person to rent our new space within 220 Concord It is a fabulous space to see photos and flyer (click here).
We are looking for an extern and a research intern.
- We invite you to come to Porter Square Books to hear a reading by Patti Hawn on September 13 at 7p.m.,
- To Kendall Theatre to see a screening of Somewhere Between, (Somewhere in October...date to be announced, but probably October 22 or 23)
- To our New York Training under PACT (see attached information), this links to the info for the New York adoption therapy course click here for course information and for registration.
- To the 6th Annual Blue Jean Ball at the Wellesley Country Club in Wellesley to benefit Riverside Community Care
We are looking for donations restricted especially for Riverside After Adoption Consulting and Training - AACT, so that we can build a program of post adoption services in every community that Riverside reaches.
If you would like to reserve a table or two, or just buy tickets to the Blue Jean Ball, you can restrict your gift to AACT, thereby helping us to build the sought after program that we are hoping to create this year at Riverside. Please contact Tracey Monti at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 781.320.5389 to buy tickets and restrict your donation.
So the summer fades, the vibrant fall and brisk days are ahead and the most wonderful thing about living in New England is that we are constantly put through changes with the weather. It does effect us greatly. A book I once loved was called: "The Black Goddess and the Unseen Real" by a Scottish poet named Peter Redgrove. It is about how unseen things like weather have a profound impact on our psyche.
I am in need of more referrals of consults and coaching. I am in need of more contracts for teaching, training, supervision, consultation, writing and/or coaching.
A little bit about upcoming events that I am involved in
I am teaching a one-day class at Northeastern for Dr. Jenny Sartori's Jewish Studies Course.
I am teaching a weekend segment, as I do every year, at UMass Boston, for Dr. Ed Tronick in the Infant Parent Mental Health Course.
I'm on the dissertation committee of soon-to-be Dr. Candice Presseau - who did her internship with us several years ago at CFFC.
Her subject is: Racial Discrimination and Mental Health for Transracial Adoptees: Examining the Role of Racial Identity and Racial Socialization at Lehigh University in Candidacy for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling Psychology.
I begin the PACT year-long course on Adoption Therapy in New York (see links etc)
I am presenting at the wonderful St. Johns University conference in NY
I am presenting at The Childrens Trust Fund conference along with Geoffrey Canada in November
Presenting at my own Riverside in November
Presenting in NY for the PACT Adoption Therapy Course in November
Presenting at University of Connecticut for my annual day long course in their Adoption Therapy Course.
Presenting in Lexington at a Private School
Training at Wayside in Framingham
So, that is a little taste of what the fall brings here to Pavao Consulting and Coaching. We are trying to reinvent ourselves and to bring more of the models for treatment and models for training that I have developed into the community at large.
I am working on two books in between marketing so that we will have at least ten consultations per week to keep us alive and well.
You can help by referring people to us, by sending us information on corporate or other donors, and by volunteering to work on social media, web site, marketing, research, and planting!!!
Thanks for helping us to help all of the families and children in adoption, after adoption and emotional adoption!
Have a great and productive Fall.