June 14, 2012
It is Flag Day! And it's hard to believe that it is June!
We continue to work hard here at PACT and we are seeing several families and individuals and making some referrals after assessments. We will report separately about the developments at Riverside, which are going well.
We promised updates on the babies... so here are pictures of the sweet new babies and quick notes from their Moms, Lynette and Melissa. People keep asking, but we are protecting Melissa and Lynette as they wish...They will give us all information on what is next, but that won't come until the early fall after their maternity leaves are over.
I had a nice visit with Nate and one with Jen. I saw KC in a Riverside Supervision session. I had dinner with Holly who is doing well and is very busy at Riverside Norwood, and I'm making some referrals to Laura and to Judy Hu and Katie Jones after consultation and figuring out best fit!
We have a survey that we will put on survey monkey soon, but in the interim if you'd like to help us out by filling it in and returning it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org that would be grand. These things are most helpful in accessing funding, which is what we need to do to grow our services.
Again, to make things clear... At PACT and Pavao Consulting, I am doing consultations and coaching for parents (birth and adoptive) and professionals and adopted folks. I am not taking insurance but do have a sliding scale.
I am building a network and will be working closely with people that I have trained to provide the ongoing work with insurance. I am also building a Riverside (AACT) network of post adoption services, which you will learn more about by late summer, if not before.
As far as I can tell from calls and emails etc.,the services that we most need to establish and develop are:
- Groups Groups Groups for children, youth, adults, parents etc.
- Clinically Supervised Visitation Model that I created must be replicated and must be available to the community and to the courts
- Open Adoption Assessments and Opening of Closed Adoption Assessments and Follow Through are integral and since more minors are taking this on themselves via Facebook it is imperative to educate parents and to work to contain and create good and lasting plans for these Open Arrangements.
- Assessment for Open Adoption Agreements at time of finalization
- Sibling Visitation Model and work to establish real relationships among the families involved.
- Assessment for Normative Developmental issues related to school, identity, trauma, loss and attachment for children of all ages and their parents.
Another area that is clear to us and needs addressing is ongoing training for both parents and professionals to become first, adoption sensitive and second, adoption competent in the many facets and areas of adoption that impact the lives of all involved.
Let us know what else you need after adoption so that we can develop a plan and fund that plan
Help us to help you with an array of Post Adoption Services...
ADOPTION SERVICES SURVEY