There's no holiday like Halloween to inspire creativity in fun party food and spooky decor. For once, black and orange food is embraced and no one will think badly of you for having cobwebs in your house.
Here are five easy party tips to get your creepy on:
1. Date selection for your party is important. It's best to choose the weekend before Halloween if Halloween falls on a weekday like this year. Parents are usually busy with their kids on the actual holiday.
2. Use a preserving solution like Pumpkin Fresh
to keep your jack-o-lantern from spoiling before the party.
3. Skip the expensive fog machine and burn incense throughout the house to create a smoky atmosphere.
4. Make a killer playlist for the night. The No. 1 song on Halloween playlists is Michael Jackson's Thriller, but Billboard's Top 10 Halloween Songs
can provide inspiration.
5. A strobe light in the bathroom is just fun.
Stock up on Halloween merchandise like ghostly aprons, lace pumpkins, bedazzled tarantulas and witch wine bottle stoppers during our Trunk Show
next week. You'll spin our discount wheel to save anywhere from 5% to 30% off your purchase that day. Plus, meet our favorite vendors and be the first to try new products. Taste the finalists in our first Chili Cook Off
and vote for your favorite to win a grand prize featuring Le Creuset, Lodge Cast Iron and more!
Friday, October 11
The Chopping Block at the Mart
Check out more ideas for spooky fun food in our Halloween Fun Pinterest board.
And don't forget to bring the kids by our Lincoln Square location on Saturday, October 26 for trick or treating!