Dear Palmira Residents,
Palmira had another robbery, this time on Tivoli Terrace, apparently between December 26 and January 1. Entry was gained by breaking a single glass door on the lanai. Again, the main target was the bedroom. The only thing missing was a couple of pieces of jewelry. Residents were out of town for a couple of weeks. Home had an alarm system, but it was not set.
There was an initial report that the phone line had been cut outside the home, but this is NOT true. They do not even have a land line.
We will be keeping everyone informed about future security issues.
As an update on the projects previously announced:
- The remaining piece of 8' fencing has been installed at the golf maintenance building and this completes the fence.
- The security camera system is being installed Tuesday January 6 and should be up and operating with the monitor in the main guardhouse by the end of this week.
- If you have a security system use it, if not, consider getting one. There are fairly inexpensive wireless systems that are easy to install yourself. Google "wireless security systems" for information.
- Consider adding a motion detector in your master bedroom if you do not have one.
- Consider adding cellular connection to your alarm system. This allows operation of the alarm if your phone line is cut.
- Consider motion activated flood lights around your home, especially the back where all entries have occurred.
- Keep all doors and windows locked.
- Keep any cars parked outside locked and garage door openers removed from the vehicle.
- Keep garage doors closed.
- If you are away from home more than a couple of days, stop all paper and mail deliveries or have someone pickup for you.
- Be vigilant. If you see something suspicious no matter how small you may think it is, call the police. The harder we make it for the thieves the sooner they will go elsewhere.
REMINDER: please check your permanent entry guest list at the guardhouse and make any changes necessary.