November is just past, and since the elections are still on most peoples mind, we thought we would take this opportunity to remind everyone of ABANA's own 2013 election for five (5) Board of Director members. The process is quite simple and about as painless as we can make it.
Details can be seen here http://www.abana.org/business/abana_board.shtml.
The schedule for the 2013 elections is:
- December 20, 2013: Notice of Election published in The Anvil's Ring
- April 15, 2013: Nominations deadline for candidates. Statements to be published with ballot in Summer Issue of The Anvil's Ring
- June 15, 2013: Members receive Candidate Statements and Ballot in Summer Issue of The Anvil's Ring
- August 15, 2013: Postmark date for completed ballots. Those ballots with postmark after this date will not be counted.
- September, 2103: Notification to Elected Board Members
- November 7, 8, 9, 2013 Annual ABANA Board Meeting in Hanover, MD. New Board Members assume their duties.
We are at an exciting time in ABANA's history, so please think about taking this opportunity to serve not only ABANA but other blacksmiths as well.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
George Matthews, ABANA Election Chair
Artist Blacksmith Association of North America