Rochester, NY - Digital Rochester is seeking nominations for the Technology Woman of the Year Award. The award is designed to recognize, celebrate, and make visible the achievements of women in high technology fields. Through this award, women who work in these professions are encouraged to stay in the Greater Rochester area, mentor young women, and contribute to the economic growth of the region. Nominations are being accepted through March 7, 2014.
Eligible nominees include:
- Any woman who works with data, processes, and implementation of information systems, including telephone systems, computer infrastructures, applications development, data integration, wireless or mobile applications and devices, e-business, or e-commerce.
- Women working in the fields of optics and engineering disciplines are also eligible for this Technology award, as Digital Rochester recognizes Rochester's deep roots in research, development, and manufacturing within these high-profile vertical markets.
- Women nominated for this award must work within the Greater Rochester metropolitan area (includes Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, and Wayne counties).
- Nominees may be from the corporate sector, vendors, not-for-profits, government, or educational institutions.
The recipient will be selected for her impact to the Technology profession, as demonstrated by:
- Sustained contributions to the field including success promoting or implementing technology
- Contributions advancing the status, opportunities, and employment for women in the Technology profession
- Community service
The award breakfast will take place on April 24 at 7:30am at Casa Larga Vineyards. The keynote speaker is Maureen Berkner Boyt, Founder of The Moxie Exchange Movement and its girls' leadership development program, The Go Girl Project. For more information, visit the Digital Rochester event page. Those eligible can be nominated online. For more information, please call Lisa Doerner, Executive Director, Digital Rochester (585) 330-9797 or visit www.DigitalRochester.com.