* We have been doing "Trivia Question of the Day" every morning in Quest.
* Senior campers had the opportunity to make recycled paper during free time after lunch.
* Livestock takes place every Friday in the Barn Theatre for Senior campers and counselors who want to show off talents, sing camp songs or have skit challenges.
* Legend Overnight is Thursday, 7/23. This night is a wonderful experience for all of us to spend the night at camp.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- A mess kit (we encourage using a reusable plastic plate, bowl, cup, fork/spoon)
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Sleepwear and toiletries
- Any evening/morning medication must be turned into a counselor in the prescribed bottle and with any instructions needed. Please fill out and turn in the Medication Release form found on our website: http://www.highmeadowscamp.org/registration/forms. You may email it to [email protected] or print and turn it in to a counselor.
Details: Legend campers will begin the evening with a group meeting where they plan the night. They will play a whole group game, enjoy a dip in the pool, eat a scrumptious meal prepared by the counselors, enjoy some down time with games in the Barn Theatre, maybe some old camp songs and finish the night with an American Indian Ceremony prepared by voluntary campers in the Wilderness classes. They will bed down for the night in a location of their cabin (castle) choosing. Rain or shine, we plan on having a great time!
* Legend River Trip is scheduled for Wednesday, 7/22. Legend campers will load up on a bus and drive through the Georgia countryside to the Edge of the World, a special place on the Amicalola River. We have been visiting the site for decades, as it offers some of the best wading and shallow water play in the state.
What to bring:
- Closed-toed shoes with heel straps (old tennis shoes are the best for protecting feet in the water)
- Bug spray