* Connecting to this week's value of community, we are discussing what it means to be an upstander vs. a bystander.
* We had Quest Day on Wednesday with Legend off campus, and gained lots of castle points.
* Unit Choice is Camper-Counselor Switch Day! Come dressed as your favorite counselors
* Quest Lake Trip is Monday 6/15. Quest campers will load up on a bus and take a short drive to Victoria Beach on Lake Allatoona. What to bring: Close-toed shoes with heel straps (old tennis shoes are the best for protecting feet in the water), towel, sunscreen, and bug spray.
* Quest Evening is Tuesday 6/16. A wonderful way to spend an evening on our campus! Quest campers will play a Greek mythology themed group game, enjoy a dip in the pool, eat snacks and dinner, enjoy some down time with games in the Barn Theatre, maybe sing some old camp songs and finish the night with - what else - s'mores! Rain or shine, they plan on having a great time! Campers who do not plan on staying for the evening will go homeat the usual time of 4:00 pm. Pick up is at 8:30 pm at the carpool location. There are no buses, so if your camper will be staying, you will need to pick them up at 8:30 pm with the rest of the campers. Any evening medication must be turned into a counselor in the prescribed bottle and with instructions. Please fill out and turn in the Medication Release form found on our website http://www.highmeadowscamp.org/registration/forms
You may email it to [email protected] or print and turn it in to a counselor.
What to bring: A mess kit (we encourage using a reusable plastic plate, bowl, cup, and a fork/spoon)
* Senior Legend's overnight and the river trips were a great success! It was nice to have a day to ourselves off campus and to cool off on the Amacalola River. For the overnight, we enjoyed an exciting camper-counselor soccer match, fun pool time, a tasty sandwich bar, and getting to know your counselor games. We concluded the evening with a great ceremony by the Native Lore classes.
* Unit Choice for next Wednesday is Pirate/Ninja Day.