The Abundance Foundation's Conference on Farming in Today's Climate,
Funds to Farms, and a New Face of Abundance!
|Dear Abundant Ones, |
And we're off! New beginnings and renewal are abound at The Abundance Foundation so far this year. We have much that we've begun planning for the new year.
Our programming for 2013 includes:
- Funds to Farms micro funding events - read more below!
- Conference on Farming in Today's Climate - more info below!
- Many more exciting, community-building DIY Workshops coming all year long!
- Farm-to-School Chef Challenge - Coming this spring!
- Sustainable Food & Energy Summer Camp - Coming this Summer!
- Our 6th Annual Pittsboro Pepper Festival celebrating sustainable agriculture and local food in the Carolina Piedmont! - Coming in October!
- Helping burgeoning NC organizations within our mission get started with our Fiscal Sponsor Partnership Program.
- PLUS a few new surprises we'll be announcing in our next newsletter!
Thanks for your support and enthusiasm, and we can't wait to see what the coming year has in store for our community, local food, sustainable agriculture, and renewable energy!
stream crossing and rock hopping,
Tami, Jenny, Mary & Beth
The Abundance Foundation
|Abundance is expanding!|We have bid farewell to our solar-powered 12x12 tiny office so that we may have more space! Our new office space is only 30 feet from our previous office, and though we will miss our cute, little office of the future, it is the future office of another organization moving in! Our new space is colorful spacious and sunny! Cheers!
We are excited to welcome Beth Tacular to The Abundance Foundation team as our new DIY Workshop Coordinator! She is well-known for her wonderful musical and visual art talents, but she is also an incredible community organizer and is quite skilled at making things- a fantastic match, we believe. Please join us in welcoming her!
Sustainable Food & Energy
- harvest and prepare lunch together each day
- Learn basic mechanical skills w/ bicycle upkeep & repair
- Learn basic carpentry with a green building project
- Make your own biodiesel and learn about solar energy
- Learn repurposing and reuse through crafts and art
- Learn about local economy & co-op business models
- Forage for wild fruits & can your own jam!
- Learn to grow & make your own herbal medicine
SAVE THE DATES
June 24-28th, 2013
The Abundance Foundation
220 Lorax Lane #5 Pittsboro, NC 27312
Call us: 919-533-5181
Email us: email@example.com
The Abundance Foundation is a non-profit working to educate and empower the Piedmont about sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, and local economy through hands-on workshops,
community-building events and by actively engaging youth.
a Monthly Sustainer
A big *Thank You* to our workshop sponsors, Whole Foods of Chapel Hill
and to Larry's Beans for their ongoing support!
Backyard Chickens Intensive
with Jim Adkins of International Center for Poultry
January 12, 2013 @ Company Shops Market and TS Designs chicken coop!
Beginning Cheesemaking Workshop
with Laurel Shulman
Demystify your favorite item in the fridge: cheese!
Sunday, February 3, 1-4.30 pm in Pittsboro.
to get on list for next cheese workshop!
The Transformative Life
with Ron Veitel & Jaime Powell
Saturday, February, 10am-2pm
Through various activities including
movement and writing, become more intimate with your own body and connection to food while exploring the spiritual significance of the foods we eat.
From these activities, distill practical, easy-to-apply, life-enhancing steps for creating healthy eating habits and thinking patterns around food that can dramatically transform your life as you move into 2013.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
7:00 - 9:00 PM
Funds to Farms: A Celebration of Local Food is a unique community micro funding program.
Join us for a fun evening of delicious food and good company at Fullsteam Brewery while supporting local beginning farmers and food entrepreneurs.
Invite your friends and tell a neighbor!
Winter rows at Piedmont Biofarm, Pittsboro, NC.
"The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is our only hope."
Thank you Chatham Girl Scouts for inviting us to the Cookie Rally Glitter Dance party....you know Abundance loves some sparkle!