In honor of Mother's Day, I thought we would focus this month's newsletter on the idea that "Health Starts At Home". This issue is packed with simple ways to create a healthier home for the whole family. We recommend a Pantry Raid to remove all food items that contain ingredients that are toxic and proven to be dangerous to our health, many of which are kids snack foods! We also offer ways that MOM can replenish and renew! We believe this is a vital part of the "Health Starts At Home" idea.
Mom can be pampered this month with our 90-minute Bamboo Fusion Massage, in which warm, oiled Bamboo is rolled over each and every muscle creating a deep and luxurious massage experience.
We recommend she sip a cup of healing Cherry Blossom Green Tea while our trusted team of house cleaners at Maid In The U.S.A. do all the dirty work for her this month. And lastly, we offer an easy solution to quiet your Mother In Laws complaints by letting us take care of her Neck & Back Pain with a Gift Certificate to either Chiropractic or Massage this Mother's Day.
We've thought of it all, now all you have to do is say, "Yes"!
Until our next adjustment...
Yours in health,
Dr. Heidi & The InnerMovement Wellness Team
Moms Deserve The Pampering Of Our
Massage Therapy Treatment
This spa-like full body massage treatment uses heated bamboo rods to deliver therapeutic results with providing deep relaxation. A combination of swedish-style strokes and deep pressure applications release muscle tension and reduce pain. We enhance this exceptional treatment with our custom aromatherapy blend to ensure total bliss.
Special 90-Minute Treatment - only $99*
*exp. 05/31/13. limit 1 per patient. cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Gift Certificates For Moms
Now available for ANY of our treatments!
for our Initial Chiropractic Exam plus Treatment
New Patient Special - just $59*
(savings over $120)
Ask about our comprehensive family wellness and
pre- and post-natal spinal health and massage therapy care.
*exp. 05/31/13. new patients only. cannot be combined with any other discounts.
HEALTHY HOME HABITS
Healthy kids are much more likely to become healthy adults so it's important that parents instill this at home from an early age.
Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Encourage proper posture at the dinner table and when kids are doing their homework.
- Make family "wellness time" - walks after dinner, morning stretches, etc.
- Use exercise balls instead of chairs or vestibular disks on chairs. (You can find vestibular disks in our retail section.)
- Engage your children on grocery shopping trips and teach them how to read labels. Take them to farmer's markets.
- Get kids involved in food preparation and the cooking process. Discuss portion size and how to create a balanced meal.
- Encourage healthy snacking.
- Make family "play time" by turning off the TV and engaging in games.
- And most importantly, lead by example.
Part of keeping a healthy home starts in the kitchen as the old adage "You are what you eat" is never more true than today.
We encourage you to go on a "Pantry Raid" to remove unhealthy foods from your home. This is a great way to enlist the help of your little ones to read labels and educate them on unhealthy food ingredients such as:
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- GMO products
- Hydrogenated oils
- Hormone-laden dairy products
- Nonorganic fruits and veggies to avoid
You can download our "Pantry Raid Worksheet" HERE
And this is a handy NON-GMO shopping guide to download HERE
Brominated Vegetable Oil
If you or your family are drinking citrus-flavored soda or sports drinks, you're drinking a chemical that is used in flame retardants!
What is it?
Brominated vegetable oil - or BVO for short - is a food additive sometimes used to keep citrus flavoring from separating out in sodas and sports drinks, such as Fanta, Mountain Dew and Gatorade*. Controversy has long surrounded the use of BVO. It's banned as a food additive in Europe and Japan but not in the U.S.
Although the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) originally categorized BVO as "generally recognized as safe," the agency later reversed that decision. Currently, under certain conditions and on an interim basis pending more research, the FDA allows BVO to be used as a food additive.
Health concerns about BVO stem from the fact that it contains bromine, the element found in brominated flame retardants. Only a few studies have looked at possible safety issues, but it appears that bromine builds up in the body. There also have been a few reports of people experiencing memory loss and skin and nerve problems after drinking excessive amounts (more than 2 liters a day) of soda containing BVO. Some beverage manufacturers are even considering taking BVO out of their products.
|DR. HEIDI's RECOMMENDED VIEWING:
|Teach Kid's Healthy Eating Habits|
|Healthy Snacks for Families||
|How To Contact Us|
Visit our WEBSITE
Book Your Appointment ONLINE
Call Us! (818) 549-1300
Access our FREE Natural Health Library
SPECIAL PARTNER DEAL
We're thrilled to announce a special offer just for InnerMovement Patients!
ONE FREE HOUR OF CLEANING*
when you book 4+ hours
|Click to visit |
As seen last week on the Hallmark Channel's Home & Family Show,
Maid in the U.S.A. is the top-rated cleaning company in Los Angeles!
They are children and pet-friendly
& offer Green Cleanings.
323/662-6243 to book your appointment.
Be sure to mention "InnerMovement"
to receive your FREE HOUR.
*expires 05/31/13. cannot be combined with
any other special offers or discounts.
|NUTRITION CORNER: |Recipe of the Month
Serve Mom breakfast-in-bed!
Oatmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs (organic)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Soak oats in almond milk in a small bowl for 15 minutes.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, agave syrup, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs together with egg whites in a small bowl, and stir in almond milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 cup batter per pancake onto hot skillet, and cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Flip and cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Cook remaining batter in batches. Meanwhile, combine blueberries, agave syrup, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until berries pop. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Spoon blueberry sauce over pancakes; serve.
RETAIL DEAL OF THE MONTH!
This delightful green tea blend is very aromatic and flavorful. Cherries are practically bursting out of your tea cup as you sip, yet you can still taste the delicate China green tea underneath.
Contains: sencha green tea, cherry flavor, hibiscus, wild cherry bark, rosehips, rose petals, beet root powder.
4 oz. (makes 50 cups of tea)
Get a FREE InnerMovement Mug
with the purchase of
Cherry Blossom Tea 4oz.Tin