Treasure the Past, Support the Future!
Your tax-deductible contribution will help keep us dancing in 2013.
|It's been another exciting year for Time Lapse Dance. As I've watched my daughter Evie learn to walk, I've been thrilled to see the company taking bold new steps. See below for some 2012 highlights. Next year, I'm planning an ambitious project called Time-Lapse Fantasy which journeys through past, present and future. The work integrates shadow-play, swirling silk, media-projections, ecstatic whirling and exuberant full-bodied dancing. I'm collaborating with composer and folklorist Bill Vanaver whose original score will feature an intricate rhythmic geometry. Please help keep us dancing in 2013 by making a donation. Any amount you can give will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Jody Sperling, Artistic Director / Time Lapse Dance
- Loïe Fuller named one of America's Irreplaceable Dance Treasures by Dance Heritage Coalition.
- TLD produces Loïe Fuller Celebration Season at Joyce SoHo in honor of this visionary artist's 150th Birthday.
- Company travels to Manama, Bahrain to preview Loïe Fuller Celebration program for Spring of Culture Festival.
- Collaboration with filmmaker Elizabeth Yng-Wong on her Book of Changes documentary. (Stills from shoot above and below.)
- Free public lecture at New York Public Library for the Performing Arts.
- Company residency at DanceNow Silo and DeSales University.
- Repertory performed by students at Hofstra University.
- Repeat engagement at Westminster Arts Center, Bloomfield College.
- Ongoing Tea Dance series, family-friendly showings of works-in-progress.