Among the earliest workshops for green-glazed stonewares are those of the Yue region of Zhejiang province. Yuezhou is the historical name of the area around Shaoxing, south of Hangzhou Bay, where kilns have operated at least since early historic times (the Shang dynasty, circa 1600-circa 1050 BCE). In the Han dynasty (206 BCE-220 CE), the wares began to display a distinct style and identity. During the Six Dynasties period (220-589) the kilns' production was boosted in quality and quantity when all six southern dynasties chose nearby Nanjing as their capital. But in spite of its excellent quality, which had no match in China or anywhere else in the world, this ceramic ware-like all ceramics at that time-does not seem to have been regarded very highly for either its aesthetic or practical value and instead was used mainly for burial purposes. To read more Click Here
Feel free to visit our site anytime, 24 hours a day.