Web conference panelists will be:
- Sandra Gutierrez, National Director of Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors, author of the recent FINE Newsletter article, Parents as Agents of Change (also available in Spanish), and
- Trise Moore, Family Partnership Advocate for the Federal Way Public Schools district, author of the FINE Newsletter article, Drawing on Parents' Strengths: The Role of Districts and Schools in Empowering Families to be Effective Partners in Learning.
Hosted by the HFRP FINE Team, this live web conference will be interactive and will be driven by your questions. You can submit questions both during the live event and in advance of the event.
Space is limited! Register today to participate in the web conference. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to connect to the session through your personal computer using Adobe Connect. You will need access to the internet and a computer with audio speakers. The web conference will be recorded and archived on the HFRP website for future access.
Increased access to mobile technologies, websites and social media has changed the way families obtain information and the methods used to train the home visitors. Electronic intake systems connect families to needed services. MIECHV grantees have created infrastructures to collect data and track quality improvements efforts. This webinar will explore opportunities for technological support to workers and enhance family involvement.
Speaker: Larry Edelman, MS, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Hilary Karasz, Seattle and King County Public Health Department, Affiliate Assistant Professor, University of Washington
- Heidi Riobal, Training and Development Consultant, Center for Development and Disability, University of New Mexico
Through this webinar, participants will:
- Understand how the changing environment places value on the use of technology
- Explore opportunities for technology to strengthen family engagement
- Identify supports necessary for successful implementation of new technology