The Government of Uzbekistan is organizing the International Conference "Modern rural housing as the most important engine of comprehensive development of associated industries and services transforming the look of rural areas and the mentality of the people". The conference will be held on April 16-17, 2013.
The Uzbek side will cover each participant's international airfare to and from Tashkent city, local transportation, hotel accommodations and meals. In addition, the Organizing Committee will also organize complimentary tours to the cities of Samarkand or Bukhara (at the option of the participants).
The purpose and objectives of the conference
: Creating a platform for sharing experience and results of housing development in the rural areas of the Republic of Uzbekistan with international community. Presentation of outcomes and follow up discussions of the key factors of successful implementation of the rural housing program, supported by ADB's project Integrated Rural Development Investment Program and of the role the program has in promoting:
- Growth of associated industries and services, and development of basic infrastructure in rural areas;
- Expanding small businesses and private entrepreneurship, creating new sources of employment and income for the rural population;
- Improving quality of life and living standards of the rural population. Studying the impact of the program on social development indicators.
Along with this, during the conference following events will take place:
- Presentations and analysis of experiences of other countries in integrated development of rural housing and areas;
- Dialogue on regulatory approaches, economic and fiscal policies stimulating development of housing and elimination of obstacles to successful implementation of housing programs.
Over 250 international participants are expected to attend the conference, including executives, senior officials and experts from:
- UN institutions covering the issues of economic development and integrated rural development (Department of Economic and Social Affairs, International Fund for Agricultural Development and others), ESCAP, the OiC, the CIS and other international organizations;
- International financial institutions (ADB, the World Bank, IsDB) and related state development financial institutions from Germany, Japan, Singapore, Korea, and other countries;
- State agencies involved in designing and implementing economic policies and regulations;
- Representatives of commercial banks, universities, academic and research institutes, consulting, engineering and constructing organizations, associations, small businesses, etc.
Besides, over 500 local participants will also attend the conference.
Schedule of events:
Dav 1 - Introduction tours to rural housing projects, social service and infrastructure facilities, small business enterprises in Bukhara, Samarkand and Tashkent regions;
Dav 2 - Morning Plenary Session: Opening ceremony, Presentations by keynote speakers
Afternoon: Breakout discussions, Closing plenary session.
- Development of new approaches for holistic rural development through implementation of programs for housing and infrastructure development;
- Discussion of best practices and concepts for tacking rural development problems;
- Introduction and broad distribution of project experience in integrated rural development in other developing countries
For those who would like to participate please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Full Name
- Organization Name
- Participant's publications and/or activities to promote development of rural housing or similar programs/projects
- Contact information (phone, fax, e-mail).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION: FEBRUARY 21, 2013
For any questions please contact Mr. Laziz Kudratov, Counselor on Trade & Economic Affairs, Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the United States of America
phone: +1 (202) 530 7299
mobile: +1 (202) 679 9945
fax: +1 (202) 293 6804