The DCS Knightly News is a weekly communication letter to our school families in order to keep them informed of upcoming Dominion Christian news and events...
| Knights Boys Track & Field Win Region 1-AAA Title
Girls take third place
ALPHARETTA -- Dominion Christian boys track and field team claimed the GISA Region 1-AAA title at Mill Springs with 151 points. (Community Christian second, 139, and Trinity,129, third).
Dominion Lady Knights came in third place at the region meet.
DCS Coach Javier Jenkins was named Region Coach of the Year.
AJ Wilson honored by Everyday Young Heroes
YSA honors 16-year-old AJ Wilson of Acworth, Georgia for founding "Dream Chasers," a youth-lead organization that focuses solely on the betterment of all students and their dreams and aspirations.
Archie created "Dream Chasers" not only to encourage the academic dreams of students, but also to educate them about opportunities in their desired career field.
To learn more about "Dream Chasers,"
Princeton Prize in Race Relations 2014 Winners
AJ Wilson was recognized with certificate of accomplishment. The Princeton Prize recognizes and encourages young people who have made or are making efforts to improve racial harmony.
|Missions Trip Contributions|
|Opportunity to Be a Blessing...
Our DoMissions team will be traveling to the Appalachia area of northeastern Tennessee - one of the poorest areas in the entire US. Some of our projects include giving an elderly lady a water supply as well as putting in a sink, toilet, and shower for her; a block party for 150-200 kids, preparing and serving meals to shut-ins, and visiting and ministering at a homeless shelter.
We are asking for your help!
We would like to take a package of hygiene products to the residents there. If you would like to purchase the products, for each package, we need - shampoo/conditioner combo, razors, bar body soap, comb, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant. Please get these things at the Dollar Store!! Please be sure the products can all fit in a gallon bag.
If you would like to contribute financially instead, each package will be $7.50. (checks payable to DCS)
Thank you for any help you can give. Our goal is to take 125 packages with us. All monies and goods can be turned into Mrs. Price.
Dominion Christian School's
11th Annual Golf Tournament
Friday, May 2, 2014 ~ Cobblestone Golf Course
18 Hole Scramble - Tee Time 8:30 AM
The Dominion Cup is right around the corner. This is your chance to enjoy a day of golf and support Dominion. Student participation is welcome. For more information and online-registration, please visit:
SAVE THE DATE:
Credit recovery & advancement courses offered
High School Mathematics and Science classes
Semester 1: June 9 - June 26
Semester 2: July 14 - July 31
- Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Advanced Mathematics
- Biology, Chemistry
Course offerings require a minimum enrollment per course.
Dominion Christian Schools will continue our own "Refer a Family" campaign for the 2014-2015 school year. Refer a family to Dominion middle or high school and receive a $500.00 tuition credit. That's right you can earn up to $5000.00 in tuition credits for this upcoming school year.
|SAVE THE DATE
- Apr 22-24: MS Standardized Testing
- Apr 24: HS Standardized Testing (Senior Skip Day)
- Apr 25: Jr/Sr Prom
- May 1-3: HS Rangers Kayaking, Savannah, GA
- May 5: Sr Banquet
- May 8: Spring Choral Concert
- May 9-10: MS Explorers Backpacking
- May 13: Spring Sports Banquet @ Burnt Hickory Baptist
- May 15: Spring Band Concert
- May 16: HS Awards Ceremony
- May 19: MS Awards Ceremony, Field Day (Last day of MS)
- May 20-23: HS Semester Exams
- May 24: DCHS Graduation
- May 28-June 4: DoMissions Kentucky
- Apr 18: No School/Good Friday
- Apr 21: No School/Faculty Development Day
- Apr 15: @ Heritage, 6:00
- Apr 17: @ Stratford Academy (DH), 4:00, 6:30
- Apr 21: v. Tattnall Square, 6:00
- Apr 22: @ Trinity Christian, 6:00
- Apr 24: v. Greater Gwinnett, 6:00
- Apr 29: @ Loganville Christian, 4:30
- May 2: v. Heritage "Senior Night", 5:00
- Apr 17: @ Mt. Bethel, 3:00
- Apr 21: NAML Tournament
- Apr 25: NAML Championship
Boy & Girls HS Soccer
- Apr 14: @ Atlanta Girls, 4:00
- Apr 17: @ Loganvill Christian, 5:00, 6:30
Boys & Girls MS Soccer
- Apr 15: v. Community Christian, 4:00, 5:00
Track & Field
- Apr 16: Region 1AAA Meet @ Mill Springs, 9:00
- Apr 24-26: GISA AAA State Meet @ Mills Stadium, Albany
- Apr 14: @ Horizon Christia, 4:00
- Apr 23: Region 1AAA Tournament @ North Fulton, Newnan, 9:00
- Apr 17: v. Crown @ Woodmont CC, 4:00 pm
- Apr 23: Region 1AAA Tournament, Newnan, GA, 9:00 AM
- Apr 28: AAA State Tournament, Hawkinsville, GA
2014 Basketball Camp, June 2-6
9:00 - 11:30
|for rising grades 2-7 (boys) and 2-5 (girls)|
NOON - 2:30
|for rising grades 8-12 (boys)|
2014 Girls Basketball Camp, June 9-11
|9:00 - NOON|
|for rising 6th - 12th grades|
2014 Girls Volleyball Camp, June 16-18
|9:00 - NOON|
|1:30 - 4:30|
Each summer we run these camps for those interested or think they may be interested in the sport. It is a great opportunity for all. These camps will teach skill, reinforce correct skills. It will improve individual skills as well as working with others as a team. Each year we have a lot fun learning, playing and building relationships.
If your daughter has played before or thinks that she may be interested, this is a perfect time to come join us.
All skill levels are welcome. If you have any questions please email Coach Hathaway (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach Koch (email@example.com) at any time.
This camp is not exclusive to Dominion students but is open to anyone who is interested. So please pass on the information to anyone you think maybe interested.