The DCS Knightly News is a weekly communication letter to our school families in order to keep them informed of upcoming Dominion Christian news and events...
The 21 Day Annual Fund Blitz began Friday, March 7th!
Every year, a huge portion of Dominion's primary fundraising campaign is our Annual Fund drive. This campaign is held to help bridge the gap between tuition and the actual costs to produce amazing educational, extracurricular, and spiritual experiences for the students of our school.
Last year's Major Accomplishments:
- Installation of our new state-of-the-art security system, which supplied us with additional cameras, access security to the front office and new signage
- Newly renovated computer lab, including a new technology platform, addition of new servers, furniture and paint
This year's goal: "Restore, Refresh, Revise Dominion Christian Facilities"
- Paint Exterior of Buildings
- New Front Entrance Landscape/Hardscape
- Parking lot improvements (reseal, stripe, etc.)
We cannot make these things happen without your participation! YOU can make the difference!! Will you say "YES"? Every dollar given makes a difference for each Dominion student!
This year YOU have a very special opportunity to help our school. Here are some of our goals:
- 100% DCS Family Participation (Last year's participation - 60%)
- $2,500 per day = $52,500.00 (Fund Goal)
- 10 new alumni donors at any level of giving
- 100% participation from faculty/staff and Board of Trustees
- 50 new donors at a level of $500 or more! (This alone would raise $25,000)
Thank you in advance for helping us, and most importantly for sharing your children with the staff and administration of Dominion Christian! Watch our Knightly News for continual updates and progress!
Joe Bradley, Headmaster
Just a reminder to -- Save the date! We are planning a lock in for the Freshman and Peer Council on Friday, March 21.
Questions can be directed to
Mrs. Price (email@example.com)
Dominion Christian Schools will continue our own "Refer a Family" campaign for the 2014-2015 school year. Refer a family to Dominion middle or high school and receive a $500.00 tuition credit. That's right you can earn up to $5000.00 in tuition credits for this upcoming school year.
Prospective families...please contact the Admissions Office for admission information or to schedule a tour of Dominion Christian Schools.
Lisa Stansel, Admissions Director
firstname.lastname@example.org · 770-420-2153
We are now accepting on-line accepting applications for new students for the 14/15 School Year.
2014-2015 Financial Aid Reminder
DEADLINE APPROACHING FRIDAY - 3/14/2014:
Financial Aid Applications are due by Friday, March 14, 2014. All families seeking aid must have a completed re-enrollment/enrollment on file, and a verified financial aid application which includes a completed 2013 Tax Return in order to be considered.
Financial Aid can be accessed via a new link https://onlinefactsmgt.com/aid use your current FACTs ID. Please be prepared to submit your 2013 Tax Return via upload links before submitting application. You will be able to work on the application but the application will not be considered without the tax return.
If you have difficulty signing in or have questions regarding the application, please contact FACTs financial aid at (toll free) 866-441-4637.
|SAVE THE DATE
- Mar 14-15: High School Rangers Backpacking Trip
- Mar 21-22: Middle School Explorers CavingTrip
- Mar 10: No School/Faculty Work Day
- Mar 31-Apr 4: No School/Spring Break
- Apr 18: No School/Good Friday
- Apr 21: No School/Faculty Development Day
| DCS Basketball takes Region Championship
Dominion Christian's varsity basketball defended its GISA 1AAA regional championship for a second year over Loganville Christian, 51-40. Congratulations to the Knights for another showing at the state tournament.
| Jordan Dorsey ('13) name to All-State Team
Jordan Dorsey (DCS class of 2013) has been named to the GISA AAA All State Basketball team.
Jordan was also selected to represent Georgia in the All Star Game this Saturday against the South Carolina All Stars at Tattnall Square Academy in Macon.
- Mar 14: @ Boarder Wars v. Edgewood, 10:00
- Mar 14: @ Boarder Wars v. Monroe, 6:00
- Mar 18: @ Trinity Christian, 4:30
- Mar 20: v. Weber, 6:00
- Mar 25: v. Loganville Christian, 6:00
- Mar 27: v. East Cobb Academy (DH), 5:00, 7:30
- Mar 17: v. Praise Academy, 3:00
- Mar 20: @ Landmark Christian, 4:00
- Mar 24: v. Notre Dame, 3:00
- Mar 25: v. Cornerstone Christian, 3:00
- Mar 27: @ Notre Dame, 3:00
Boy & Girls HS Soccer
- Mar 14: @ Trinity Christian, 5:00, 6:30
- Mar 18: v. Holy Spirit, 5:00, 6:30
- Mar 20: v. Weber, 5:00, 5:30
- Mar 21: v. Atlanta Girls, 5:00
- Mar 24: @ Holy Spirit (girls), 4:30
- Mar 25: @ Holy Spirit (boys), 4:30
- Mar 27: v. Loganville Christian, 5:00, 6:30
Boys & Girls MS Soccer
- Mar 18: @ Excel Christian (Girls), 4:00
- Mar 18: @ Wildwood (Boys), 4:00
- Mar 20: @ Shiloh Hills (girls), 4:00
- Mar 21: v. @Wildwood (boys),, 4:00
- Mar 24: @ Bridgeway (boys), 4:00
- Mar 25: v. Cherokee Christian/Bridgeway (girls/boys), 4:00, 5:00
- Mar 27: v. Escel Christian (girls), 4:00
Track & Field
- Mar 19: @ Stratford, 3:30
- Mar 29: @ Bulloch, Georgia Southern, 9:00 am
- Apr 9: @ Mt. DeSales, Macon, 3:30
- Mar 17: v. Weber, 4:00
- Mar 20: v. Cornerstone Prep, 4:00
- Mar 24: @ Mill Springs, 4:00
- Mar 31: v. Loganville Christian/Atlanta Girls (girls only), 4:00
- Mar 17: v Heritage, 3:30
- Mar 25: v. Loganville, 4:00
- Apr 10: v. Weber @ Steal Canyon CC, 5:00
- Apr 14: v. Johnson Ferry @ Steal Canyon CC, 4:00
| Speaker Wanted...
Mrs. Cooper is looking for a speaker about conservation, wildlife management, pollution, etc.
If you have an idea or contact, please email Mrs. Cooper at email@example.com.
| Directed Paths
Visit our new College & Career Blog. Updated on a regular basis, please visit for information on high school graduation requirements, college application process, scholarship information, career choices, and helpful articles.
| Cobb Youth Leadership Accepting Applications
Cobb Youth Leadership (CYL), the Cobb Chamber's leadership development program for rising high school juniors, is seeking applications for the 2014-2015 class. This leadership development program is designed to expose students to the various elements of leadership and decision making while nurturing the county's next generation of leaders.
Students participate in in-depth programs exposing CYL class members to community needs, opportunities, problems and resources that will allow interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
Applications will be available online until April 25. For more information, click here.