The DCS Knightly News is a communication letter to our school families in order to keep them informed of upcoming Dominion Christian news and events...
Join us tomorrow evening,
Tuesday, August @ 6:30 pm
in the Computer Lab for corporate prayer
Teachers, parents, students, administration, board members and any other friends of Dominion Christian Schools are welcome!
"Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it" Psalm 127:1
FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL IS BACK
WHEN: FRIDAY "KNIGHT!" - AUGUST 23RD!
WHERE: THE "CASTLE!" - "WHERE KNIGHTMARES HAPPEN!"
TIME: 7:30 PM
ATTIRE: AS MUCH WHITE AS YOU CAN!!!!!"
T-SHIRTS AND TOWELS WILL BE ON SALE
THE WEEK OF AUGUST 23!
|Just A Reminder...
All visitors entering during that time will be asked to present a valid driver's license/picture identification prior to gaining access to the main building. We have secured all main exterior doors with "access control" features.
Additionally, we have added a comprehensive video surveillance system. There is more detail in the document linked below. Please assist us during the 8:30am - 2:25pm times by presenting your driver's license/picture identification while "buzzing" in at the front door and then again when you sign in and receive your visitor pass.
| Freshman Social
& Game Night
Friday, August 30
There will be a freshmen get-together and game night on Friday, August 30 in the gym from 7:00-10:00 pm.
No admission cost - just come to play and fellowship together. This is sponsored by the Peer Council. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Price at email@example.com.
DCS Middle School Orchestra
ATTENTION: ALL STRING PLAYERS!
DCS is starting an after school orchestra program with Mrs. Peacock.
There will be an interest meeting Wednesday August 21st, 2013 during both middle school and high school lunch.
All ages and abilities are welcome and encouraged! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Carpool Needs & Opportunities|
| Carpool Needs|
Although Dominion does not arrange carpooling, we do offer opportunities for families to help one another with carpooling needs.
Below are are current needs we have in our Dominion community. If you are able to help with any of these opportunities, please make contact directly via email or phone:
Ms. Tara Adams 10th grader (afternoons)
Location: Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta
Ms. Becky Moore
8th grader (afternoons)
Location: off Jiles Rd, near Kennesaw Elementary
Mr. Jeff Alley
Two 11th graders & 12th grader
Location: off Hadaway, near Mars Hill Rd
Ms. Alma Schmidt
Location: off Cedarcrest Rd, near Seven Hills
|2013-2014 Academic Calendar|
| Dominion's 2013-2014 Calendar.
|SAVE THE DATE
- Sep 2: Labor Day
Oct 14: Faculty Work Day
|HS & MS Baseball|
There will be a Baseball interest meeting this Friday, August 22, before school @ 7:30 AM in the computer lab for all MS/HS players.
For more information, contact Coach Tidwell at email@example.com.
- Aug 23: v. Crown, 7:30
- Aug 30: @ Griffin Christian, 7:30
- Sep 6: v. Heritage, 7:30
- Sep 13: v. Trinity Christian, 7:30
- Sep 20: @ Unity Christian, 7:30
- Sep 27: @ Covenant Christian, 7:30
- Aug 24: @ Crown (Kell HS), 7:30
- Aug 31: v. Georgia Force, 1:00
- Sep 7: @ Dawson Christian, 6:00
- Sep 21: v. Crown, 3:00
- Aug 24: @ Crown (Kell HS), 5:30
- Aug 31: v. Georgia Force, 11:00
- Aug 5: v. Cornerstone, 6:00
- Aug 12: v. Crown, 1:00
JV & VARSITY VOLLEYBALL
- Aug 20: v. Shiloh Hills/Heritage (V), 5:00
- Aug 22: v. Colonial Hills (JV & V), 5:00
- Aug 27: v. Bible Baptist (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 5: @ Colonial Hills (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 7: v. Augusta Prep (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 10: v. Loganville Christian (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 13-14: Augusta Prep Invitational (V)
- Sep 17: v. Community Christian (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 19: v. Holy Spirit (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 24: v. Weber (JV & V), 5:00
- Sep 26: v. Atlanta Girls (JV & V), 5:00
- Aug 22: v. Colonial Hills, 4:00
- Aug 27: v. Excel Christian, 5:00
- Aug 29: v. Fideles, 5:00
- Sep 5: @ Cherokee Christian, 4:00
- Sep 12: @ Excel Christian, 4:00
- Sep 16: @ Fideles, 4:30
- Sep 17: v. Community Christian, 4:00
- Sep 24: v. Cherokee Christian, 4:00
- Oct 1, NAMAL Tournament
- Aug 24: @ Loganville Christian, 9:00
- Sep 7: Dominion Dash, 9:00
- Sep 16: @ Stratford, 4:30
- Sep 28: @ Atlanta Color Run, 9:00
- Oct 5: @ Community Christian, 9:00
- Oct 9: JV State Meet, Macon, 4:30
- Oct 17: 1AAA Region Meet, Loganville, 4:30
- Oct 26: State Meet @ GA Children's Home, Macon
|RenWeb Compatability Issue|
|Are You Logging into RenWeb Only to See This...Where NOTHING is Clickable?
Sounds like there is a compatibility view issue...You're getting something like this in Internet Explorer.
If you click the compatibility button (shown on the first image), it will clear things up and enable to you navigate around the page (shown in renweb2.jpg) or go to Tools > Compatibility view. You will see an immediate change to the following...
For more information on this, please click here.
Alternatively, you could use FireFox or Chrome as your browser without issue.
Help us spread the word about DCS! Your family can earn $500 referral credits for each enrolled family that your refer to DCS, this could amount to $5000 in tuition credits for the 2013-2014 school year! Each year we have many families participate in the program. It's simple,
|Assist DCS Students with SSO Funds|
New legislation can assist DCS Students with SSO Funds.
If you are a LLC, S Corp, or PC and would like to know how you can redirect some of your Georgia State Tax Liability - please contact me! Joe Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org
As you may or may not know, HB 283 increased the maximum donation amount for LLCs, S Corps and PCs. The new maximum is up to $10,000 of the amount contributed, as long you have paid GA income tax in that amount on that share of taxable income from the S Corp, LLC or PC.
The Dept. of Revenue is currently pre-approving the new amounts. If they have already applied and donated, they can re-apply for the additional amount.
This can be such a blessing for our students.