Dear IndieCommerce Store,
Just in time for the tail end of the holiday season, our team has negotiated a special rate for using PayPal.
Our new PayPal representative, Curtis Keierleber, has generously offered all IndieCommerce stores a new low rate of 1.9% of sale, and 30 cents per transaction
How to get started:
Email Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org
and mention that you are an IndieCommerce store requesting newly the negotiated rate. If you already have a PayPal business account, no further action is required after emailing Curtis.If you are setting up a new PayPal Business account, please follow the additional steps below:
- After your PayPal account has been activated and confirmed, email email@example.com with the email address associated with your account.
- We will then install and configure the PayPal module.
- After we confirm that the module has been activate, please place a test order to ensure that your PayPal account is active.
Benefits of Using PayPal:
- Better for business: Maximize sales on your website by adding a level of convenience with PayPal.
- International currencies: Accept payments in 24 currencies from 190 countries and markets around the globe.
- 24/7 phone support: PayPal customer service agents are experts in online payments and will help you resolve your specific issues.
- Quick access to your money: Money shows up in your PayPal business account quickly. You can then transfer funds to your bank account, spend it through PayPal, or use the PayPal Debit MasterCard®.
- Fraud protection: Help protect your business with PayPal's Automatic Fraud
Screening, included at no extra charge.
- Optimized for mobile checkout: Buyers using mobile devices see a customized checkout screen with minimal data entry for easy checkout.
- Using PayPal will increase your margin of sale: If you are currently using ABA's shared Authorize.net account, transactions are subject to a 4.5% fee, in addition to credit card charges. At only 1.9% of the sale and 30 cents per transaction, the PayPal rate can help save you money if your customers check out with PayPal instead.
Important Information Regarding Integration:
While there are many positive aspects to using PayPal, there are a couple of items specific to IndieCommerce to note:
- Orders paid for using PayPal are not eligible for Ingram Fulfillment.
- If you receive a pre-order, or special order, capture the funds within 29 days. You will not be able to reauthorize the card after 29 days.
- Completing orders or issuing refunds will take place directly on PayPal's interface.
- Additional information can be found here.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us or reach out to Curtis directly.
Neil & the IndieCommerce Team