Last week we outlined the launch terms for the latest Kobo devices: the Kobo Aura, the Kobo Arc 7, and the Kobo Arc 7 HD. This week we offer charts to aid in understanding the features of these devices, as well as two other devices that many of you have in-store, the Kobo Aura HD -
the "HD" is the earlier device, which has been in the indie market since August - and the Kobo Glo.
These charts, as well as banners, posters, and product images for the new devices, organized by model, are now in the
Kobo Aura: Competitive eReader Comparison
Kobo E-Ink Comparison
Kobo Aura vs. Kobo Aura HD
- Size - Kobo Aura has a 6" screen. Kobo Aura HD has a 6.8" screen
- Resolution - Kobo Aura has a high res 1014x758 screen. Kobo Aura HD is the highest resolution eReader at 1440x1080 and 265 DPI.
- Design - Kobo Aura is ultra thin and lightweight with a beautiful edge to edge display. Kobo Aura HD has a bezel that makes it comfortable to hold.
- Newest E Ink screen - Kobo Aura comes with the newest E Ink screen that doesn`t have the flashes between page turns and allows readers to pinch to zoom on fixed layout ePubs and PDF`s.
- Battery - Kobo Aura's battery lasts over 2 months. Kobo Aura HD's battery lasts up to 2 months.
Kobo Aura vs. Kobo Glo
- Aura is latest E Ink screen with low flash waveform
- Aura is thinner, lighter and even more portable and easy to hold
- Aura has longer battery life to keep reading
- Aura has more on board storage to carry more eBooks
For more questions and answers, visit DiscoverKobo.com, and create an account for access to training materials for all devices.
And here is a neat little bit to share with your sales staff.
Sell it in 30 Seconds:
"Kobo Aura's beautiful 6" edge-to-edge high-resolution display is the latest E Ink touchscreen and comes equipped with ComfortLight, the best, most even built- in front-light. It also comes with Kobo Reading LifeTM, an exclusive user experience designed for Readers, and easy access to over 3.5 million of the best titles available."
Of course, you would add at the end of this, "To support this store, be sure to set up your new Kobo account through the link on our website or through the new device. Let me show you how..."