BJF PICKS TOP TEN VALENTINE'S DAY CHILDREN'S BOOKS FOR 2013
This Valentine's Day, Surprise Your "Little Loved Ones"
With A Good Book
Growing up, what did Valentine's Day mean to you? Do you remember craft-paper hearts and anticipating cards from secret admirers, or collecting candy from loved ones, or coining puns about love for each and every one of your friends? Like Valentines, books, because of their endearing combination of words and art, are a special way to show the kids in your life your affection.
Each year, we at BJF specially select our favorite books for Valentine's Day, and this year, our advisory board joined in the effort! Here are the Brooke Jackman Foundation's Top Ten Valentine's Day Children's Books for 2013.
- A Kiss for Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Best Friends by Steven Kellogg
- Feelings by Aliki
- Mrs. Katz and Tush by Patricia Polacco
- Pretzel by H. A. Rey
- Swimmy by Leo Lionni
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda Ferber
- The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart by Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton
- Three By The Sea by Edward Marshall
Be sure to keep these books in mind as you prepare to celebrate Valentine's Day with the children in your life.
Happy Valentine's Day
The Brooke Jackman Foundation
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter