|Hermandad, by Sergio Castillo|
JAZZ & BLUES
BY THE BAY 2013
Friday, June 21st
6:30 - 8 pm
Gabrielson Park in downtown Sausalito
Sponsored by Sausalito Sister City Committee
Sausalito's Jazz & Blues by the Bay concerts are back!
Join Sausalito's Sister Cities Viña del Mar & Cascais on Friday, June 21st, 6:30 - 8 pm, for the 2nd annual fundraiser in support of the Sausalito Sister Cities programs--with Jazz & Blues by the Bay and great food!
The completo (Spanish for "complete", "total") is a hot dog variation eaten in Chile, which is usually served with ingredients such as chopped tomatoes, avocados, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, a variation of the sauce américaine, Chilean chili, green sauce and cheese. Its size can be twice of an American hot dog.
The multiple combinations of the ingredients of the completo leads to have specific names for the most typical ones, for example:
- Completo (Complete): Traditional version with chopped tomatoes, mayonnaise (a large amount) and sauerkraut.
- Italiano (Italian): Consists of chopped tomatoes, mashed avocadoes and mayonnaise. The name comes from its resemblance with the colors of the Italian flag.
- Dinámico (Dynamic): A mix of the aforementioned ingredients (tomatoes, avocados, mayonnaise and sauerkraut) or sauce américaine.
- A lo Pobre (Poor Style): Consists of fried onion, french fries and a fried egg on top of the hot dog.
- Tomate mayo (Tomato-mayo): As its name suggests, it a version with only chopped tomatoes and mayonnaise --Wikipedia
|Sausalito Mayor Herb Weiner setting up at last year's Jazz & Blues by the Bay|
TO check out photos of last year's Sausalito Sister Cities' Jazz & Blues by the Bay fundraiser...
CHILE LINDO SAN FRANCISCO
US - Latin American Cross Cultural Consultants
Marketing * Event Production * Community Outreach