| Annual Conference at Woods Hole|
"Why Marine Microbes Matter"
- Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Time: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Where: Redfield Building at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
8:00 am New Member Reception
8:30 am Registration in Redfield 204
9:00 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:15 am Morning Speakers
12:00 Business Meeting and Awards
Lunch Complimentary chowder will be served
1:00 pm Afternoon Speaker
2:00 pm Door Prizes 2:30-4:15 pm Afternoon Workshops, Tours, and Field Trips
4:30 pm Social Reception: Sea Education Association. All are invited!
- Dr. Linda Amaral Zettler, Associate Scientist/Associate Professor, Marine Biological Laboratory
- Research: Life in the "Plastisphere": Microbial Communities on Plastic Marine Debris
- Dr. Krista Longnecker, Research Specialist Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Research: Microbial Lunch: Organic Carbon with a Touch of Salt
- Dr. Stefan Sievert,Associate Scientist, Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Research: Shedding Light on Dark Life at Deep-Sea Vents
- Science Cruise with The Zephyr Education Foundation Inc.
- WHOI Dock Tour with Hovey Clifford
- Lesson Share: Come prepared to share a lesson and receive lessons related to Microbes
- Marine Fossils for Elementary Teachers
- Register online
- Early Bird Registration- $60 by March 24, 2014
- Regular Registration $70 after March 24, 2014
- Life Time Member $40
Registration includes MME membership for the coming year.
Conference questions? contact Carolyn Sheild [firstname.lastname@example.org]