We still need more than 800 volunteers to sign up
and help make this year's event a success. Check out opportunities to get involved below and in our new Facebook album
. We especially need your help at the many rest/lunch stops along the route. Already registered? Encourage your friends and family members to join you!
Keep reading for a full list of our current volunteer opportunities. If you have any questions, or to sign up, please contact me
I hope to see you soon!
|Current volunteer opportunities|
|City to Shore - Before the ride
- Man a table at the Rider Expo in Philadelphia (August 28, 4 to 9 p.m.)
- Help pack supplies at our warehouse in Philadelphia (September 17, daytime hours)
- Hand out rider numbers at our office in Philadelphia on one day or more. Must be computer savvy and have good customer service skills. (September 16 through 27, daytime hours)
- Help us set up at the PATCO station in Cherry Hill, N.J. the day before the ride (September 27, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
City to Shore - Ride weekend
- Volunteering is more fun with friends! Encourage your friends, family members, colleagues and others to volunteer with you. Many work colleagues volunteer together, so consider creating your own group. Teenagers and college students also make great volunteers!
- Are you part of a group (church, community group, military group, or other)? If so, invite your friends to join the fun! Check out the new group volunteer page for opportunities. The rest stop option is perfect for groups. Some people even choose to theme and decorate their rest stop!
- Are you an experienced truck driver or do you know someone who is? If so, we need your help moving supplies, bikes and refreshments along the route! We're looking for 9 truck drivers to volunteer during ride weekend. CDL is not required, the largest truck is 26 feet, and you're welcome to bring a friend to keep you company!
We are currently recruiting for the chapter's fall internship program (September through November). Click here for a list of internships, including new roles in finance/accounting and services/social work. Positions fill up fast, so we encourage anyone interested to apply as soon as possible.
MS Service Day
The next MS Service Day is Saturday, October 26 in southern New Jersey. Volunteer to help local families living with MS with outdoor projects, such as raking or painting. We need help from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You will receive breakfast, orientation and a celebratory meal at the end of the day. Click here for more information and to sign up.
Do you like talking to people? Do you like to collect stories and write? Would you like to use these skills to build awareness of MS? We are looking for 2 to 3 volunteer biographers to conduct interviews and compile and craft stories for use in media campaigns, outreach to public officials and grassroots campaigns to build awareness and get more people involved in the movement to end MS NOW. Contact Karen Mariner to sign up.