It's official -- tuition will be frozen for resident, undergraduate students for the second year in a row! This is the first time back-to-back tuition freezes have occurred at Iowa State University since 1975!
Late last week, Governor Branstad signed multiple pieces of legislation into law in support of Iowa State University. We thank Governor Branstad for his commitment to Iowa State University and for recognizing the way our land-grant mission continues to make a positive difference in the lives of Iowans.
In addition to approving the tuition freeze, the Governor also approved the following items that will impact Iowa State:
- $50 million over three years for the Bioscience Building Project
- $1.775 million increase to the Agriculture Experiment Station
- $237,364 increase for the Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
- $101,000 increase for the Small Business Development Center
- Preservation of final year funding for the Agriculture and Biosystems Engineering Complex
Please take the time to send a message to Governor Branstad thanking him for his support of Iowa State University. Please also remember to thank your local legislators when you see them in your community this summer. Iowa State enjoyed tremendous bipartisan support this year and such effort should be recognized!
Thank you for supporting Iowa State University through the Alliance for Iowa State. We strive for this type of legislative success each year. With your continued support, we can achieve positive results like this in the future.