There are 100 county extension offices in Iowa, one in every county; two in Pottawattamie County. Each county office has signed a new partnership agreement with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, renewing the shared commitment to provide access to high-quality education and research to all Iowans when and where they need it.
County extension work started in Iowa 100 years ago. Today, each extension district has a 9-member elected council responsible for determining local educational programming. The partnership between each county and Iowa State University provides knowledge that strengthens Iowa's economy and quality of life.
You can see ISU Extension and Outreach at work in your county:
- Manufacturers increase safety and preparedness
- Minority business leaders thrive
- Communities live greener and reap big energy savings
- Farmers benefit from field guides to identify and manage crop pests
- Aspiring scientists explore opportunities through Iowa 4-H STEM
- Seniors increase activity for healthier lifestyles
See how Extension and Outreach makes a difference in the lives of Iowans.
Did you know - YOU can use ISU Extension and Outreach? Get Iowa State research and education through your county extension office; it's easy. Simply visit your county office in person, online, or give them a call. Go to Extension and Outreach online to learn more.
Iowa State's Mission:
Create, share, and apply knowledge to make
Iowa and the world a better place.