Iowa State University is building an economy not just about numbers, but about human relationships and meaningful exchanges.
The College of Human Sciences is helping to enhance Iowa by:
- Revitalizing Main Streets by leading "makeover marathons" for small businesses competing in a tough market.
- Unlocking the economic potential of new industries like aronia berries and Iowa wine.
- Helping low-income families keep more of their hard-earned money with free tax preparation.
- Teaching thousands of Iowans to manage their finances and plan nutritious, affordable meals.
- Educating tomorrow's workforce and offering underrepresented students a pathway to college.
- Improving the health and wellness of Iowa workers, which increases productivity and saves companies money.
Our programs of study -- which encompass health and wellness, education and human development, science and technology, and community and entrepreneurship -- are in high demand. Within six months of graduation, 91% of College of Human Sciences bachelor's degree recipients and 97% of master's and doctoral degree recipients secure a job in their field of study.
Read more about the efforts that Iowa State is making to expand human potential and improve people's lives in the summer 2013 edition of Human Sciences Matters magazine.
Iowa State's Mission:
Create, share, and apply knowledge to make
Iowa and the world a better place.