Hello friends of Iowa State University,
Being that today is ISU Day at the Capitol, check out the new county fact map on the Alliance for Iowa State website. Click on your county to see how Iowa State University directly affects your local community!
Iowa State University's statewide impact extends from the Missouri River to the Mississippi River in all 99 counties:
- Almost 19,000 in-state students are currently enrolled at Iowa State and come from all 99 counties in Iowa.
- Iowa State's Christina Hixson Opportunity Awards program is the only scholarship program in Iowa that provides financial assistance to a student from every county in Iowa.
- More than 91,000 Iowa State graduates live and work in all 99 counties of the state.
- Iowa State assisted more than 1.4 million agricultural operations, youth and families in Iowa last year through Extension and Outreach.
- The Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS) provided engineering services to 2,400 businesses in the last four years.
- The Institute for Physical Research and Technology (IPRT) provided company assistance to more than 575 Iowa companies and organizations in more than 160 cities and towns in 83 counties in the last seven years.
"The Alliance for Iowa State is an important element in our government relations program because it consists of members of the Iowa State family who are enthusiastic about the role that Iowa State plays in the everyday lives of Iowans.
It's extremely helpful for legislators to hear from alumni and friends of Iowa State who speak from their hearts about the value of the university to residents of all 99 counties. I appreciate the dedication of everyone involved in the Alliance and the willingness to take time to speak on behalf of Iowa's land-grant university."
-- President Leath