Sewer and Water Group 820
You are subscribed to received construction updates on the Sewer and Water Group Job 820 project in La Jolla. Click here to see the map of the area involved in this project.
Crews will be completing the installation of sewer mainline and laterals over the next two weeks in the following areas:
- Exchange Place between Prospect Place and Park Row
- Silverado Street between Exchange and Ivanhoe
A portion of the water main replacement needs to be completed at night in order to minimize water service interruption to residents and businesses.
The night work and water service interruption will begin on Sunday, March 29 at 11p.m. and is anticipated to be complete on Monday, March 30 at 5 a.m.
The noisiest work will be completed during the day prior to the interruption and you can expect the noise levels at night to be limited to construction equipment that will be marginally noisier than the typical vehicular traffic noise in your neighborhood.
The water service interruption will affect the following locations:
- 1200 block of Prospect Street
- 1200 block of Cave Street
- 7756-7900 Exchange Place
- 1235-1300 Coast Blvd
- During the shut-off, water service may be sporadic; plan accordingly.
- Access to homes and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
- Construction crews will work as quickly as possible to restore your water service.
- There may be temporary road closures, traffic rerouting, parking and other access restrictions during the time water service is interrupted.
- As always, no parking is allowed inside the project work area during work hours. Parking restrictions are marked.
Notice of the water shutoff will be distributed to affected residents and businesses within the next week.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while work progresses on this project. Every provision will be taken to quickly and efficiently complete the work.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list! And use the Forward feature to pass along this important information.