Avenida De La Playa Infrastructure Replacement Project &
Sewer and Water Group 809
You are subscribed to received construction updates on the Avenida De La Playa Infrastructure Replacement Project and Sewer and Water Group Job 809.
- Installation of the box culvert on Avendia De La Playa is on hold due to the work SDG&E is doing to underground the power lines. The City of San Diego and the contractor, HPS Mechanical, are looking into viable options to accelerate the construction schedule
- SDG&E tells us they will be working on their undergrounding project on Saturday, April 5.
- The SDG&E work has delayed the erection of the pedestrian gate on Avenida De La Playa from Camino Del Sol to Camino Del Oro. As mentioned in the last email update, only the residents on that stretch of Avenida De La Playa will be given keys to the gate.
- At the Sea Shell Concrete and Coloration Approval meeting held this morning (4/4/2014), at the HPS construction trailer, Tim Lucas, Terry Kraszewski and Mary Coakley Munk of the La Jolla Shores Association agreed to move forward with the Sea Shell color based on the mock up panel provided at the HPS yard.
- A sample coloring at the outfall structure will begin on Wednesday and Thursday for Tim, Terry and Mary to approve in order to move forward with the coloring of the rest of the structure. The broom finish at the ramp will be reviewed and discussed on site next week.
- For Sewer and Water Group Job 809, potholing will take place on Paseo Del Ocaso on Monday, April 7 and Tuesday, April 8. Potholing is the digging of a small hole to locate/verify the location of utility lines.
- Beginning Thursday, April 10 saw cutting on Vallecitos will start and head north on El Paseo Grande. Please observe the traffic detours around the construction.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while work progresses on this project. Every provision will be taken to quickly and efficiently complete the work.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list and use the Forward feature to pass along this important information!