Early Start Ratings
will be released the week of July 20th. Ratings will be posted at www.pnw.usta.com/USTA-League/league_ratings/
. There are some important things to remember about Early Starting Ratings in case your members and players ask:
- Early Start Ratings are only used for Early Start USTA Leagues. They are not used for USTA Sanction Tournaments or any other USTA programs.
- Early Start Ratings can only be found on our website. The Find A Rating search function on Tennis Link will only show Year End Ratings.
- An Early Start Rating is a players' most recent dynamic rating as of July 20, 2015.
- The Early Start Ratings listed on the website are only changes up or down from a player's Year End Rating. If a player is not listed, then their rating has not changed and they will use their current Year End Rating for Early Start Leagues.
We understand Early Start Ratings are confusing and complicated! If you have any other questions please contact your Area League Coordinator
.USTA League Calenda
r now available - find your area under Local Schedules
and click to see updated dates, forms and league information.Captain of the Year:
Categories include Male Captain of the Year, Female Captain of the Year, Rookie Male Captain of the Year, and Rookie Female Captain of the Year. Nominations are due August 1. USTA League Facility of the Year:
Introduced in 2014, this award recognizes one facility each year which does an outstanding job with USTA League programming. Submit your nomination by August 1.
: There are two key events for juniors taking place in August: Junior Team Tennis Sectionals on August 7-9 and the Junior Sectional Tournament on August 13-16. Find out more
.Junior Team Tennis Conversation - you're invited
: Give us your input on Junior Team Tennis in the Pacific Northwest by participating in our conference call on August 4, 10-11am. Our conversation will focus on the following questions:
- What aspects of JTT in the PNW are working for you?
- What suggestions do you have for improving JTT?
- What are your suggestions on how can we capture the high school players to participate in JTT/league outside of the high school season?
- How can we develop a league that includes and utilizes both private facilities and public high school courts simultaneously?
- What are your suggestions on developing a product that is accessible/affordable to all yet sustainable for providers and the USTA/PNW?
- Should we focus more on local leagues or a large annual section championship event?
- Will you remain committed to this program at your facility?
- Your questions?
To participate on August 4 at 10 am, please use:
Call-in number: 1-800-704-1867, Passcode: 773666
The 2016 Sectional sites for Adults and Juniors have been announced:
- Level 3 Junior National - June 16-19, 2016 (Beaverton, OR)
- Adult 55 & Over - June 23-26, 2016 (Beaverton, OR)
- Adult 65 & Over - June 26-29, 2016 (Beaverton, OR)
- Mixed 18 & Over - July 22-24, 2016 (Sunriver, OR)
- Adult 18 & Over - August 12-14, 2016 (Spokane, WA)
- Junior Sectionals - August 18-21, 2016 (Yakima, WA)
- Adult 40 & Over - August 26-28, 2016 (Spokane, WA)
- Mixed 40, 55 & Over - September 17-19, 2016 (Snohomish County, WA) (NOTE - we are aware this is a Saturday-Monday. We are trying a new scheduling format for this event)
- Tri-Level - September 24-25 (Salem, OR)
For the latest on Sectionals, visit the Sectional Championships page
Tournament Directors and TDM
: If you are a new Tournament Director, or just need assistance with TDM, your best contact is the Link Team at email@example.com
or 1-800-603-3138. The Link Team can also set up a training session with you or your staff on how to use TDM. Adult Tournament Standings
: The Adult Tournament 12 month Rolling Standings are updated on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Questions? Contact Adam Hutchinson
.Non-Members Playing in USTA Sanctioned Tournaments
: USTA National now allows Tournaments to allow non-members to participate in certain USTA Sanctioned events. Find the details here