Bring your unique gifts to the Day Resource Center for the Homeless during this holiday season.
|RINGING IN A NEW LIFE|
The sweetest gift
Janice spent hard years on the street before she turned to the Day Resource Center for help. Within 60 days, she was approved for housing and had a job ringing in the holidays with the Salvation Army. Hear her story at Breakfast with the Mayor Jan. 10, and help make a difference that can last a lifetime. Click and give today.
|STOP PRESS |
|360 West finds Room in the Inn
The December issue of 360 West is hot off the presses and features a touching look at Room in the Inn
, our partnership with 14 area congregations. The winter Room in the Inn season starts Saturday.
|SAVE THE DATES|
Music to your ears
Music lovers, mark your calendars.
The next Cypress St. Cafe
presents singer/songwriters Rick Tate, Rob Owen and Curtis Campbell
from the Fort Worth Songwriters Association
live from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 27 at the Day Resource Center.
The Victor Cager Quartet featuring Jennifer Martin headlines the second annual Day Resource Center Jazz Concert Saturday, Feb. 23 at University Christian Church in Fort Worth. The silent auction opens at 5:30 p.m., and the concert starts at 7 p.m. Don't miss the raffle at 8:30 p.m. Stay tuned for information on ticket sales or volunteering.
|HOW TO HELP|
Have fun, do good
Want to make a special contribution to the Day Resource Center this month? Here are ways you can.
- Take a bite out of homelessness with Stir Crazy Baked Goods' Community Cake campaign benefitting the Day Resource Center through Dec. 15.
- Give a gift on our wish list. New this month: video equipment to support a dreamed-of YouTube channel.
- Give and volunteer Christmas Eve:
Help us bring holiday cheer to guests at the Day Resource Center holiday celebration, scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon Christmas Eve. Donate drawstring bags to hold gifts, and help fill, then distribute them at the party. Contact Jessica Grace by Dec. 11 to give or volunteer.
- Make your holiday party a benefit for the Day Resource Center. Becky Haskin did and gathered up a bounty of new towels for the Day Resource Center's shower services. Here are just a few fun ideas for raising support for the Day Resource Center.
A MILLION THANKS
|Blessings of the season
We give special thanks for the gifts of:
- Angel donor Flora Brewer.
- Our good friend Becky Haskin.
- White's Chapel United Methodist Church and Fort Worth Paralegal Association for warm coats.
- Troy Chapman for everything you do.
- Congregations that make Room in the Inn for homeless men and women during the hottest and coldest months of the year.
- Mary Sumner for bringing Room in the Inn to Fort Worth.
- Filmmaker Ed Bewley for his good works.
- The Purls of Faith Lutheran Church of Fort Worth, who have been knitting for those in need since 1999. So far, their giving hands have knitted 1,791 hats, scarves and headbands for our guests.
- You for giving your very best for the Day Resource Center day in and day out.
May every blessing of the holiday season be yours.
Our mission is simple: to provide centralized resources for transitioning people out of homelessness.
Day Resource Center for the Homeless