How do you and your stakeholders use organic Market News reports?
On February 1st, USDA sent a survey and welcome letter from Administrator Alonzo to the approximately 12,000 self-identified organic producers in 3 categories:
- Certified organic.
- Farmers and ranchers exempt from certification (gross organic sales not exceeding $5,000 per year).
- Farmers and ranchers transitioning to organic production.
The deadline for submitting completed surveys is March 15, 2014.
Organic farmers and ranchers, help us help you by participating!
About the Survey
Through the survey, we are looking to more clearly understand how organic producers:
- Obtain market information.
- Price and market their products.
- Current use information made publicly available by Market News.
AMS Market News will make the results public, and use the data to enhance organic market coverage for the benefit of organic producers, handlers and consumers nationwide.
The survey was developed in partnership with USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS).
Contact Terry Long, Director of Fruit and Vegetable Market News or call 202-720-2175
About Market News
AMS Market News provides reports on prices, volume, quality, condition, and other market data on organic and conventional farm products in specific markets and marketing areas.
Access Market News Reports