A Showcase of Delectable Dining, Fine Wines, and Fabulous & Fun Auction Items!
The 10th Annual "Toasts & Tastes of Fall" Culinary Competition and Fundraiser has attracted some of Pleasanton's culinary elite. It's a great chance to sample food from some established favorites - and a few new chefs in town.
Our judging panel this year features Nick Boer, Food Editor at Diablo Magazine
, International Food & Wine Writer Deborah Grossman
, and Auburn James Winemaker Jim Frost
Competing in the Slow Food Category are:
- Almond's Kitchen - Goat Cheese with Candied Fig & Spiced Nuts
- Eddie Papa's American Hangout - Rhode Island Linguisa & Kale with White Bean Stew
- FAZ Restaurant - Khoresht Cheymeh Bademjan
- Forno Vecchio - Spiced Pumpkin Gluten-Free Ravioli
- Mangia Mi - Kobe Beef Meatballs in Calabrian Chili Broth
- On the Vine Catering - Savory Butternut Rugosa Squash with Sunchoke Puree
Going skillet-to-skillet in the Savory Category are:
- Baci Bistro & Bar - Dijon Encrusted Lamb
- Blue Agave Club - Steak Jalisco with Mexican Rice
- The Hopyard - Smoked Hoisin Baby Back Ribs with Mango Hoisin BBQ Sauce
- Pans on Fire - Coconut Curry Shrimp with Micro Greens
- The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards - Lamb Pastrami on Rye
- Valley Catering - Butternut Squash Pulled Pork
And for a refreshing finish, our Sweet Category competitors are:
- Primrose Bakery - Assorted Tartletts, Eclaires, & mini-desserts
- Sweet Freedom Bake Shop - Assorted Miniature Gluten-free Cupcakes
- Sweet & Savory - Various Sweet Desserts
You will enjoy delectable dishes from these fine establishments especially paired with fine wines! Enjoy live music while you head over to the Silent Auction for some tastefully presented auction lots - and a little eye candy! Bid on a "Stay-cation" lot featuring dinner for two at The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards and an overnight at The Rose Hotel. Or head down to Aptos with the entire family for a few days at Seascape in a deluxe ocean-view condominium.
Keep your eyes peeled for our Napa Valley Roving Raffle opportunity courtesy of Black Tie Limousine or invest in a selection of Fine Wines from Auburn James and Chappellet Vineyard & Winery or Cult Wines from The Prisoner and Orin Swift. While the guys are filling their wine cellars, the gals will be eyeing a selection of fine jewelry donated by Barron's Jewelers as well as some fun, trendy items from Twisted Silver.
Event proceeds benefit the foundation and its programs supporting the Pleasanton Unified School District. We greatly appreciate the support of our Toasts & Tastes Sponsors.
Tickets are $75 per person and can be purchased online. Names will be placed on a guest list at the event - no hard tickets will be mailed - and guests must be at least 21 to attend.