Lawrence Public Library
Moving News & Notes
Lawrence Public Library is closed from January 7th-21st
as we move into our temporary location at 700 New Hampshire.
The big move has begun! We shut our doors on Sunday evening and Monday morning the moving trucks rolled in. Here's what's happening:
- The first area to move was the Children's Room and two days in, we can report that it is completely set up in the New Hampshire St. location.
- The Teen Zone and Media Room have also moved over to our new home and are being unpacked today.
- In the following days, the Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction collections will move. This will take longer than the other areas, as some items will be going to New Hampshire St. and others to storage.
- Technology infrastructure is being carefully moved and offices will begin to move early next week.
Online Catalog Working, Holds Available
- Even though we are closed, you can access our catalog 24/7 to manage your account, pay fines, and search for items. While you are able to place new reserves in our catalog right now, please note that these will be filled on a limited basis during the move.
- If you have received a notice that a reserved item is ready for you, you can pick it up in the Vermont St. auditorium, from 12-7 pm, Monday-Saturday. Please use the South entrance for this service. Please note that you do not have to pick up your reserves while we are closed, none will expire during this time.
Due Dates & Overdue Fines
- Nothing is due while we are closed and no fines will accrue during this time.
- We encourage you not to return anything until we reopen on January 22nd. If you must return items, all book drops will remain open.
Parking & Street Closings
- Our parking lot is closed as construction on the parking garage gets underway.
- The parking spaces on the west side of Vermont St by the library are reserved for moving trucks until the move is complete.
- Kentucky St. between 7th and 8th is closed through January 17th.
Social Deals & Discounts While We Are Closed
Miss picking up a best seller from our shelves? Are you in need of a good movie to watch? Maybe you're just looking for a great spot to hang out and grab lunch? To help ease your pain while we are closed, we have partnered with a variety of downtown businesses to offer special deals and discounts to library lovers for each day that we are closed! Participating businesses include Liberty Hall, La Prima Tazza, Wheatfield's, Love Garden, Dusty Bookshelf, and more. To find out about these daily deals, follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this historic time of transition. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via chat, email, Facebook, Twitter or phone at 785-843-3833.
Lawrence Public Library