Employee Spotlight: Mike Franklin
One of the things that Mike enjoys doing outside of work is "learning and practicing skills used by our ancestors to survive without the modern conveniences we enjoy today".
read more about Mike >
|Sick Absolute Encoders with EtherNet/IP|
|Intelligent, powerful and precise
Intelligent diagnostic functions and rapid data transfer: Sick's high-resolution AFS/AFM60 absolute encoders represent high-precision measurement of absolute position and speed in the area of industrial automation.
The outstanding feature of the absolute encoder AFS60/AFM60 EtherNet/IP is the Device-Level-Ring functionality (DLR). DLR is a revolutionary ring topology that requires no additional switches. The cabling is done directly from encoder to encoder. This reduces effort and costs compared to the cabling of a star-topology. In this way, AFS60/AFM60 EtherNet/IP leads to a failure-tolerant, fast and above all operationally safe network.
- Very high system availability through redundancy, even in extreme ambient conditions.
- Cable break detection.
- Adaptable to existing star and line topologies.
- Reduced installation and maintenance costs
|Rethinking Motion Control Automation|
|Simplifying machine building with networkable compact integrated motors
|Lexium MDrive products deliver enhanced motor performance including higher torque from smaller motors for economic efficiency.
Closed loop hMTechnology blends stepper and servo motor benefits, providing real time closed loop control, eliminating loss of synchronization within the same compact integrated package.
Lexium MDrive products are available in numerous communication protocols to meet your system needs. Each product size has one common product envelope. So choosing different communication protocols - whether it is Ethernet,RS-422/485 or CANopen - does not change the product footprint.
|Parker's Flange-face Mounting|
|The gearhead of choice for today's lower cost servo motor applications
Now offered as a standard option, the flange-face mounting on the PX Stealth gearheads offers a number of advantages:
- Allows direct mount to gearhead's rotating shaft.
- Improves the torsional rigidity of the system which in turn allows for easier tuning of the servo and improved dynamic response.
- Overall envelope size of the assembly is reduced by this type of mounting configuration
|A Smarter Way to Connect in Series|
|Flexi Loop saves costs with sensor cascades that communicate
Sick Flexi Loop meets the demand for a cost-effective way to cascade safety switches and sensors within a machine while also supporting diagnostics.
Flexi Loop makes it possible to cascade up to 32 safety sensors while maintaining the highest level of safety . Regardless of the manufacturer, any combination of safety switches and safety sensors with OSSD outputs can be used, providing continuous diagnosis of all door switches, emergency stop push-buttons and sensors.
- Ability to cascade 32 sensors with up to 30 m per segment in compliance with performance level PLe
- Compatible with all sensors from other manufacturers
- Transfer of detailed diagnostic information
- Integrated standard inputs and outputs
- Power supply for sensors is included
- Connection of the sensors via unscreened standard cable with M12 plug
- IP 67 enclosure rating