Water Supply and Wastewater Regulations Meetings Continued
There is still time to give your input on proposed revisions to the Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation related to water supply and wastewater regulations. The public hearings have been continued to the following dates:
- Planning Commission: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 6:15 p.m.
- Board of County Commissioners: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 8 a.m.
Both hearings are held in Hearing Room 1 of the Jefferson County Administration and Courts Building, 100 Jefferson County Parkway. Public testimony is welcomed.
The water supply and wastewater regulations are being revised to provide clear requirements for the development community and citizens as well as providing an effective method for evaluating water availability.
The four major components of the regulation revisions include:
- Amending the timing requirement for the submittal of legal proof of water
- Creating a GIS based technique to determine the physical availability of water
- Updating the water quality parameters list
- Revising the wastewater section to reflect current terminology
There are two ways to get involved. The first is to attend the public hearings. The Planning Commission will review and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners, which will make the final decision on the proposed changes.
The second way is to review the draft changes online. It can be navigated to by going to the main Planning & Zoning page, www.jeffco.us/planning, and then following the link in the "revised regulations" announcement to one of the following sections:
- Zoning Resolution - Section 1 - Administrative Provisions
- Zoning Resolution - Section 54 - Mountain Ground Water Overlay District
- Land Development Regulation - Section 4 - Submittal Requirements
- Land Development Regulation - Section 21 - Water Supply
- Land Development Regulation - Section 22 - Wastewater
Comments and questions on these proposed changes, can be emailed to Patrick O'Connell or Roy Laws.