BusinessWorks Year-end Tips Guide
As the year comes to a close it is important to make sure your accounting software is ready for the new year.
There are a number of things to consider when preparing for year-end so we have included a Sage BusinessWorks Year-end Guide
packed with helpful tips.
If you have year-end questions, please contact Mary Hildinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Year-end Training Provided by Sage
Sage Software will be offering free End of Year training sessions twice a week through the end of December.
The free year-end training sessions include:
- How to Install Enhanced Tax Reporting
- Setting up Fringe Benefits
- How to Process W-2's in Enhanced Tax Reporting
- Payroll Year End Processing
You can find and register for these courses on Sage University
Important Year-end Items to Remember
Year end is rapidly approaching and now is the time to make sure you have everything prepared.
Remember these key year-end items:
- Make sure you order or purchase the correct W-2/1099 forms.
- We recommend you complete a pre run of your W-2's in early December to make sure you have the correct forms and reconcile payroll information verifying that W-2's are correct.
- It is critical to back up your data. When completing back ups at the end of the year, back up after the last payroll and save. Also, back up before closing the payroll year and restore this back up (archive) to a new id such as PR2013.
If you have year-end questions or needs assistance, please contact Mary Hildinger at email@example.com