We were able to successfully walk a client through 95% of the MI Health Marketplace today. Although we were not able to complete the "Identity Verification", we are able to finally provide you with some very valuable information on this process.
1. IF YOUR 2012 ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME IS ABOVE THE AMOUNTS LISTED BELOW- DO NOT SET UP A PROFILE IN THE MI HEALTH MARKETPLACE!
- Single Person - over $45,960 per year
- Two Person Family - over $62,040 per year
- Three Person Family - over $78,120 per year
- Four Person Family - over $94,200 per year
- Five Person Family - over $110,280 per year
- Six Person Family - over $126,360 per year
I REPEAT - IF YOUR 2012 ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME IS ABOVE THESE AMOUNTS DO NOT SET UP A PROFILE IN THE MI HEALTH MARKETPLACE!
Please trust us on this, the MI Health Marketplace is only necessary if you are eligible for a subsidy. The system requires that you provide the following information to Health and Human Services (HHS), the Federal Government, and the IRS:
- The process took us over an hour for a family of 4 just to do the subsidy application
- You will need to have your complete 2012 Federal Tax Filing in front of you because they ask very intimate questions about your finance
- They ask questions about your race and ethnicity
- They pull data from the credit agencies (i.e. Experian) to verify your identity
- They require employer information and SSN information
- Most important - We had a client go through the entire process and he wasn't eligible for a subsidy. He started receiving solicitation phone calls from multiple advisors/navigators (without his consent) within 5 to 10 minutes of completing the application.
Therefore, to summarize, if you do not qualify for a subsidy DO NOT SET UP A PROFILE IN THE MI HEALTH MARKETPLACE. Your benefit advisor will be able to get you coverage "Off the Marketplace" and save you the trouble, hassle, time, and privacy violation of going through the MI Health Marketplace.
2. IF YOUR 2012 ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME IS BELOW THE AMOUNTS LISTED ABOVE, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR A SUBSIDY
Please take the following steps with your Altruis Benefit Advisor if you think you may qualify for a subsidy:
- Contact your Advisor to have a discussion about whether you are eligible for a subsidy
- You may also CLICK HERE to enter in some basic information, select your benefit advisor from the drop down list, and submit the form. Your Advisor will review your form and contact you with your subsidy information
- If your advisor determines that you may be eligible, please CLICK HERE to download our job aid that will walk you through the account set up process step-by-step
- Once you set up a username and password on the www.healthcare.gov website - PLEASE STOP and call your Advisor to help you walk through the entire subsidy application
Please understand that if you go through the entire subsidy application by yourself, and you do not enter in your Advisor's Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) ID or National Producer Number (NPN) we will no longer be able to help you with your insurance!
Keep in mind that our services are completely FREE, we are licensed, insured, and certified to guide our clients through the exchange (if necessary). You will not pay a penny more to have our experience and knowledge guide you through this process from beginning to end.
As always, we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we test this process for you. Please "Stay Tuned" as we continue to work with this new system!