Thank you for reading our newsletter.
Q: In your fitness programs you always recommend getting plenty of rest. Why is rest so important?
A: The three most important elements to your fitness program are healthy eating, a regular exercise program and REST! Rest is often overlooked!
Making sure you get enough rest and a good night's sleep becomes even more important if you are exercising vigorously.
A good night's sleep is essential to our physical as well as mental health and positively affects our memory, creativity and overall well-being.
Many processes happen during our sleep time. Growth hormone, which is essential for recovery and improving fitness levels, is released during our sleep. Melatonin which is known as the 'sleep hormone' is often taken to recover from jet lag. Melatonin is released during sleep. It is an important and powerful antioxidant that plays a crucial roll in maintaining good health and helping to reduce cell damage.
So, how much sleep do you need? The answer is that it varies from person to person. The bottom line is that a good night's sleep is a powerful tool to help you maintain your health and fitness levels. May you all have a good and restful night...!
Most natural foods are good for you, even the simple carrot. I bet you didn't know all of these positive health benefits of the carrot.
- Carrots contain Beta carotene! (No pun intended) Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant, which can be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy eyes, skin, hair and nails by helping to detoxify your system and build new cells!
- Carrots increase saliva and supply essential minerals, vitamins and enzymes that aid in digestion. Eating carrots regularly may help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders naturally.
- Carrots are rich in alkaline elements, which purify and revitalize the blood while balancing the acid/alkaline ratio of the body.
- Carrots are a good source of potassium, which can help to reduce elevated blood pressure levels.
- Carrots kill harmful germs in the mouth and help prevent tooth decay.
- Grated carrots can be used to help heal wounds, cuts and reduce inflammation.
- Among the many beneficial phytochemicals that carrots contain is a phytonutrient called falcarinol, which may reduce the risk of colon cancer and help promote overall colon health.
- Carrots are rich in carotenoids which our bodies use to help regulate blood sugar.
- Carrots are high in soluble fiber, which may reduce cholesterol by binding the LDL form and increasing the HDL form to help reduce blood clots and prevent heart disease.
Get 1 FREE DOWNLOAD when you submit your success story
If you have achieved results using Gilad's workout DVDs, we would love to see and share those results with others. We will give you 1 free download from our download and streaming selection plus an autographed photo of Gilad, personalized to you. Submit your success story here
25% OFF ALL DVDS and Downloads*
Plus FREE shipping on all USA orders over $40.00Use Promo Code FALL14
* A few already heavily discounted packages are not eligible for this discount.
Never Miss Another Workout!
Now You Can Work Out With Gilad's TV Shows Anytime and Anywhere You Want!
For ONLY $9.99 per month!
Choose from dozens of Gilad's TV shows.
New shows are added every week.
Watch on your computer, TV, iPad, iPhone,
at home or on the road.
More about Gilad TV