Diocesan Youth Director Hired
By Cn. Liz Beasley
The Office of the Bishop has hired Sarah Klitzke to be the half-time Youth Director for the Diocese. Among her qualifications, Sarah brings to the position four years as a youth minister for a large church in Anchorage, Alaska, plus years of experience with youth church camps in Alaska and Wisconsin. Sarah came to Hawaii in 2010 when her husband, the Rev. Paul Klitzke, was appointed the Vicar of St. Nicholas Episcopal Church, Kapolei. She is also a Registered Nurse and a founding member of Aloha City Rollers, a roller derby team in West Oahu. She begins her responsibilities on February 20.
The Position Description for the Youth Director, which has been posted on the diocesan web site, includes the following responsibilities:
- Plan/oversee 3 inter-island youth events per year
- Serve as a resource to help plan/oversee events on Neighbor Islands
- Coordinate monthly O'ahu gatherings for youth
- Maintain a database of youth and youth leaders in the Diocese
- Assist with planning youth-related trips outside the Diocese
Sarah may be reached at the Office of the Bishop by e-mail or by phone at 808-536-7776, ext. 309; or from Neighbor Islands, 800-522-8418, ext. 309.